Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Problem Unlocking 3GS 3.13 w/ 05.11.07

  1. #1
    Unhappy Problem Unlocking 3GS 3.13 w/ 05.11.07
    I have newer 3gs with 3.1.2 JB/Unlocked with Blackra1n which was working fine. I did a tethered reboot and it got stuck in the reboot loop i've seen discussed all over the place. I left it cycle with blackra1n for a couple of days and tried all the recommendations to no avail. Unfortunately I don't have a 3.1.2 shsh on file.

    So I ended up doing the hybrid 3.1.3 / 05.11.07 here...
    Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

    It worked perfectly until I ran Blacksn0w from cydia. During the install cydia eventually hangs and phone reboots. Now it just sits on the apple boot logo for about 10 minutes then reboots again.

    I tried several simcards, had them in out, etc. I tried doing the baseband reinstall here too and it didn't help...
    blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog

    Now during this 10 minute period between reboots I am able to login to the phone via ssh. I'm hopeing I can edit or kill something to get things going.

    Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by cdmcse; 2010-05-26 at 04:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmcse View Post
    I have newer 3gs with 3.1.2 JB/Unlocked with Blackra1n which was working fine. I did a tethered reboot and it got stuck in the reboot loop i've seen discussed all over the place. I left it cycle with blackra1n for a couple of days and tried all the recommendations to no avail. Unfortunately I don't have a 3.1.2 shsh on file.

    So I ended up doing the hybrid 3.1.3 / 05.11.07 here...
    Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

    It worked perfectly until I ran Blacksn0w from cydia. During the install cydia eventually hangs and phone reboots. Now it just sits on the apple boot logo for about 10 minutes then reboots again.

    I tried several simcards, had them in out, etc. I tried doing the baseband reinstall here too and it didn't help...
    blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog

    Now during this 10 minute period between reboots I am able to login to the phone via ssh. I'm hopeing I can edit or kill something to get things going.

    Anyone have any ideas?
    Add this to your Cydia Repo : cydia.pushfix.info and install Blacksn0wRC2 final instead of Blacksn0w. You will be fine and enjoy....

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    cdmcse (2010-05-26)

  4. #3
    YEOW202 -- Please help me get out of error 6!! I am still stuck?? iRecovery didnt work for me. Anything else I shall try??!?!?!

  5. #4
    AWESOME! Worked like a champ. Thanks so much for the help.

  6. #5
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by naly View Post
    YEOW202 -- Please help me get out of error 6!! I am still stuck?? iRecovery didnt work for me. Anything else I shall try??!?!?!
    Hey Nally, buzz me tonight again or when you see me online on google talk which I seldom use.

  7. #6
    how do u make the plist a top level, i am using a mac. everytime i zip it up itunes says not compatible.

    that was option 6

    it also says firmware not compatible, is there something i am doing wrong.
    Last edited by teegray1124; 2010-05-28 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #7
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by teegray1124 View Post
    how do u make the plist a top level, i am using a mac. everytime i zip it up itunes says not compatible.

    that was option 6

    it also says firmware not compatible, is there something i am doing wrong.
    Make sure you zip it all up including the folders too and rename it back to .ipsw.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •