Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can i use blacksnow if im on baseband 04.26.08?

Default can i use blacksnow if im on baseband 04.26.08?
    hi everyone, i'm stuck without a phone.

just as a quick background, i was using a jailbroken unlocked 3g on 3.0, and yesterday i upgraded to 3.1.2 with a custom ipsw. when it was done, i was upgraded and jailbroken, but now i can't unlock using add source in cydia (ultrasn0w.com). when i try, it just can't connect to the source and i keep getting errors.

someone suggested i start from scratch using blacksn0w. but i dunno if i can with my baseband 04.26.08.

anyone know what's up with ultrasnow/cydia not connecting? anyone know if i can use blacksnow on my baseband, or if it only works on 05.11.07

thanks!~!!

forget it! i just finally got through to the ultrasnow source. i'm all good!
    Last edited by zimpah; 2010-05-23 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You should restore to a stock 3.1.2 ipsw, let it upgrade your baseband to 5.11.07, then jailbreak with Blackra1n and unlock with Blacksn0w (comes with Blackra1n).

Blacksn0w is 5.11.07 only btw.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-05-25 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zimpah View Post
    hi everyone, i'm stuck without a phone.

just as a quick background, i was using a jailbroken unlocked 3g on 3.0, and yesterday i upgraded to 3.1.2 with a custom ipsw. when it was done, i was upgraded and jailbroken, but now i can't unlock using add source in cydia (ultrasn0w.com). when i try, it just can't connect to the source and i keep getting errors.

someone suggested i start from scratch using blacksn0w. but i dunno if i can with my baseband 04.26.08.

anyone know what's up with ultrasnow/cydia not connecting? anyone know if i can use blacksnow on my baseband, or if it only works on 05.11.07

thanks!~!!

forget it! i just finally got through to the ultrasnow source. i'm all good!
    You are missing one part here, Cydia already has the Ultrasn0w , just do a search from Cydia, you don't have to add any repo. You restored to a CFW is a really Genius Idea as you have already preserved your BB to unlock with Utrasn0w....

I have an iphone 2g and 3.1.3 firmware,,, instead of using wifi, my gprs is running and I have to loose money while using wifi. can anyone solve this problem

Quote Originally Posted by jayboxtype View Post
    I have an iphone 2g and 3.1.3 firmware,,, instead of using wifi, my gprs is running and I have to loose money while using wifi. can anyone solve this problem
    Delete all the network information for your provider on your phone.