Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g legit att sim: No service

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiddPREMIERE View Post
    No it couldnt be locked to a non-US carrier because it was my brothers phone and he was on AT&T and it worked perfectly fine but he had it for a few months w/o using it and about trying another AT&T sim card i cant do that because im the only one in my fam with AT&T ill have to find a friend with a AT&T sim card thatll be hard all my friends have T-mobile! -__- idk i think my bro tried jailbreaking it once and ruined it all but still there has to be a solution out there PLEASE HELP! would unlocking it help? its on 3.1.3 tho unlockable!! -__- should i downgrade and unlock it see if that works? even tho im on a legit AT&T contract -__-
    You can also bring your Iphone to an AT&T store, they will have a sim to test it out for you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiddPREMIERE View Post
    No it couldnt be locked to a non-US carrier because it was my brothers phone and he was on AT&T and it worked perfectly fine but he had it for a few months w/o using it and about trying another AT&T sim card i cant do that because im the only one in my fam with AT&T ill have to find a friend with a AT&T sim card thatll be hard all my friends have T-mobile! -__- idk i think my bro tried jailbreaking it once and ruined it all but still there has to be a solution out there PLEASE HELP! would unlocking it help? its on 3.1.3 tho unlockable!! -__- should i downgrade and unlock it see if that works? even tho im on a legit AT&T contract -__-
    Sounds like it was jailbroken and hactivated, which is what is done for all iphones that are not going to use AT&T!

AT&T sims must be activated through Itunes!

Rejailbreak the iphone and do NOT choose Activate Phone!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

He restored to stock fw and still can't get service on official sim card. That is his problem.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    He restored to stock fw and still can't get service on official sim card. That is his problem.
    My bad!

Do you have your iphone connected to computer with Itunes open?

Itunes will have to activate iphone and sim card

Dude I have the same problem. iPhone 3G it will not activate or unlock and says either searching or no service no matter what sim card is in it. I do not have the original sim that came with the phone (AT&T) but was able to get a sim at the store. I have tried everything. It works fine with my friends sim and just normal activate with iTunes. But will not work when I try to jailbreak and unlock with the sim I got at AT&T. If you find out the solution let me know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12