Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I hope it's not bricked, very bad problems rebootin'

Exclamation I hope it's not bricked, very bad problems rebootin'
    Ok, so last night I was browsing ROCK for new apps and so on, when I decide the new Quake 3 game app looked pretty good. It was downloading pretty fast, so I went ahead and started another download on ROCK, which caused my iPod to undergo very heavey lag.
    I stoped both the downloads, and tryed to just download Quake 3, but it wouldn't work. I figered if I close ROCK it might work. I then pressed the home button to close ROCK, but I held it down too long, which made ROCK get backgrounded (I have backgrounder app, no idea which one...) When it did that the screen on the iPod froze (I was on my spring board if that helps...) So I turned it off by holding down power
    Now it is stuck on the "Connect to iTunes" screen, but when I do the "reboot" thing where you hold down the power/home buttons, it treats it as if I'm just holding down the power button, and it truns off and on over and over again
    I have the Blackra1n jailbreak. Dunno' which version.
    I've tryed to reinstall black rain to it, when black rain says "Running" my iPod's screen goes to that Geohot guy (Who's picture is very creepy) Then Blackrains says "Done. Wait for reboot" but my iPod just turns off like 1 second later...

Lol wall-o-text^^ This is my first post on this site, so be kind, I've had BlackRa1n sense Febuary the 4th, but Restoreing my iPod to factory settings is not an option, reccently my comp crashed, so I lost all my music and what not... Depressing.
    Last edited by BrainDeadHero; 2010-05-19 at 02:07 PM.

Download "iReb" and run the "fix boot mode loop" option. You will then be prompted to install an exe file. Install it and then retry "fix booot mode loop". Your phone should be restored without losing your apps.

Post Ecid?
    The "Firmware umbrella" is asking me for a/my "ECID"...
    Wtf is that?

"Turn the device completely off and disconnect it from cable/dock.
    Hold down the home button.
    While holding down the home button connect to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
    Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-itunes screen You are now in recovery mode. "

That's what I can't do, right there, that's why it's so screwed up...