Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me.

Default Please help me.
    Today, I installed something from Cydia that made my iPhone 3GS freeze, so I put it in DFU mode and it was stuck in the boot loop from that point on. I then restored it thinking it was the logical thing to do, and then I would just jailbreak again using spirit. But because I don't have a sim card in my iphone, when I restored; it told me that I could only make emergency calls and it needs activation.
    So then I contacted my friend who has an at&t phone(not an iphone) and put it in my iphone to see if it would work, and it said this: "The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported" and I don't know why that happened.
    But because I don't have an at&t sim card, I can't do anything. And when I try to jailbreak via spirit it doesn't work because it't not activated.

Can anyone help me! I need to get this iphone working again. Jailbroken or not.

Talking Don't worry bro!
    if you are on 3.1.2 just run blackra1n. (this may work even if you are on 3.1.3) or try run spirt. I did the exact same thing and running blackra1n opened it up!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

What type of iPhone. 1g 2g or 3g

Sry meant 2g 3g or 3gs
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 2010-05-16 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's a 3GS. And I'm not sure if blackra1n would work.. Because it's on 3.1.3. Basically, right now I have an iPaperweight.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Oh my, why would you put it into DFU mode??? You should still try Blackra1n or anything you can... 3GS phones are so complicated -.-

Thanks

Sry u can't do anything

I cant even do anything?! Can I just pop in someone I know who has an iPhone's sim card into mine and activate it and then pop it back out and give it to them?

And I put it into DFU mode because I couldn't do anything with it, so DFU mode might've worked.
    Last edited by Saxapwn; 2010-05-17 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

U could try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxapwn View Post
    I cant even do anything?! Can I just pop in someone I know who has an iPhone's sim card into mine and activate it and then pop it back out and give it to them?

And I put it into DFU mode because I couldn't do anything with it, so DFU mode might've worked.
    Did you run blackra1n?

or just go at&t (or who ever it's locked with) and shout at them for a bit. tell them you tried putting your original sim in and it did not work. They should help out.
    Last edited by rippolighter159; 2010-05-17 at 03:24 PM.

I just went to an at&t store and they couldn't do anything. At all.

Thanks

ouch

I just got off the phone with apple support, and they said that it might be because my phone wasn't originally with at&t. It could have been from britain, or mexico, or anything like that. So that's why the SIM cards won't recognize. So basically I'm screwed.

And I think that battlecrushr would be with me on this one, I don't think blackra1n would do anything.
    Last edited by Saxapwn; 2010-05-18 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

yea wouldnt work.

ur going to have to wait till an unlock is out and spirit is updated

All I need is to be able to jailbreak while my iPhone isn't activated. Is that possible?

Thanks

well, since ur on 3.1.3 the only jailbreak for that is spirit.

and if its not activated spirit doesnt work.

and since u have a 3gs, u cannot downgrade to 3.1.2 so right now theres nothing

sorry

Apparently, I just found out that my iPhone is from Canada. And since my iPhone is from Canada, American AT&t SIM cards obviously won't work.

Thanks

yep only way is to go to canada and put a legit sim in

I'm pretty sure you can hactivate your phone for use as everything but a phone while you wait for the 4.0 unlock. I'm in exactly the same situation and was able to do so. It's pretty involved, but I explained how I did it here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...emergency.html

ok well I think there is a way to restore back to 3.1.2 see if you can do that and then run blackra1n.

Thanks

but he has a 3gs no way to do it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast