Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1.x, want to rejailbreak etc.

Default Want to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1.x, want to rejailbreak etc.
    Ok, I've been using my Iphone 2g for a while with OS 3.0. I hacktivated quite some time ago using a program on OS X, but can't remember which one. (I think it had a pineapple on it?) Anyway, it works ok, I can browse the web and all that, but a couple of things don't work right, and I'd like to give it a new go with some more firmware. First of all, my Mail app will not activate the internet connection. Facebook app gives me the same behavior. I am running off a regional carrier (Centennial Wireless) and am using their proxy to access the web - my data plan is their regular phone data plan instead of the PDA plan. Anyway, what's the best route to go about upgrading/rejailbreaking, without losing my unlock and hacktivation? Thanks in advance.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Hit the upgrade button in iTunes. Run Redsn0w.

That'll jailbreak and unlock for you.

Note: Download 3.1.2 ipsw (yes 3.1.2, not 3.1.3), you'll need it for Redsn0w. You can just upgrade to 3.1.3 directly with iTunes though--your baseband is stuck where it is.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-05-17 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Shade00 (2010-05-17)

Ok. Sounds simple enough. I just don't want to lose my hacktivation. I read the guide on 2G jailbreak/unlock for 3.1.2, but wasn't sure if I should follow it for my phone. Might give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks.