Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock ANY iphone 3.1.3 new bootrom, is it another scam?

Default Unlock ANY iphone 3.1.3 new bootrom, is it another scam?
    above is the link i happened find today, sounds like another scam,
    i looked up on the google, no report on this site YET.
    But i am very careful with these kind of scam now, anyone actually used this?
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-05-13 at 07:34 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Wow...this is the worst and most unintelligent scam I've seen.

"Welcome to our unique site that is the first one to allow you to UNLOCK your Iphone, EVEN THE ONES RUNNING WITH THE LAST BOOT ROM, and the 3.1.3 firmware. You can, within the next 5 minutes be enjoying your phone again ! We recently discovered the “exploit” to the last boot rom of the 3.1.3 firmware. Refunded at 1oo% if your phone is not unlocked after using our easy-to-use (begginer-level) exploit ! For all questions, please contact me at : [email protected] For instant access (immediate download right after the payment – NO NEED TO WAIT !) CLICK ON THIS BUTTON TO PAY BY PAYPAL $39"

I can point out many things that give away it isn't real and they have no idea what they are talking about--they just want your moolah. The unlock has nothing to do with bootrom. Bootrom simply determined (past tense) whether a 3GS jailbreak is tethered or not, and whether a 3G phone can downgrade basebands or not. 3.1.3 firmware has nothing to do with unlocking, it refers to jailbreaking. The "exploit" would not be in the bootrom but rather the "baseband" which is the important part of unlocking. They probably won't refund your money and tell you you're not doing it right and they are not liable. They spelled "beginner" wrong too. Not real, don't know what they are talking about, and just plain stupid. The End.

Seriously, and we've said this a thousand times....

If its not posted on this forum, its not real.

I figured that much. Some guy even posted a video clip on youtube about this IN broken spoken english.
    thnx for the feedback guys <3

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

We should spam their email with questions like "will this work on baseband 5.11.07" and see what kind of BS they come up with. Then ask them why I should pay $39 instead of using the free Blacksn0w.

Speaking of scams, if you guys have time you should read this lol. My friend actually got a variation of this email and it was ridiculously funny. Not iPhone-related, but if you're bored, check it out. Extortion Death Threat Scam Emails from Don Killer @ [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by koloo View Post
    I figured that much. Some guy even posted a video clip on youtube about this IN broken spoken english.
    thnx for the feedback guys <3
    yea right and they show the proof of their phone setting in fw3.1.3 baseband 5.12.1 in using different carrier sim card is a whole bunch of bulls**t scam.. i mean the video is real but take a real carefully look at the phone serials number and u'll know it a scam. how they can used the new bootrom, fw, baseband, etc in the video? Typically just because the serial numbers of their phone is actually a serials number of Iphone originally came from China which had already unlocked and never been lock from APPLE...so watch out and don't fall for those scam.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thaotrinh View Post
    yea right and they show the proof of their phone setting in fw3.1.3 baseband 5.12.1 in using different carrier sim card is a whole bunch of bulls**t scam.. i mean the video is real but take a real carefully look at the phone serials number and u'll know it a scam. how they can used the new bootrom, fw, baseband, etc in the video? Typically just because the serial numbers of their phone is actually a serials number of Iphone originally came from China which had already unlocked and never been lock from APPLE...so watch out and don't fall for those scam.
    Most are scams but there is a way of unlocking at version 3.1.3 for 3GS ( New or Old ) bootrom provided if you haven't restored to 3.1.3 yet...

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Most are scams but there is a way of unlocking at version 3.1.3 for 3GS ( New or Old ) bootrom provided if you haven't restored to 3.1.3 yet...
    pleaaase whats the way ????
    been tearin' out my hair searching but I cant seem to find a way simple enough for a newbie.

I even fell for the scam 2ce

big thanxxx if u can save my 3gs

Thanks

Whatever happened to that unlock sim fits over the sim piggy back?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pni01 View Post
    pleaaase whats the way ????
    been tearin' out my hair searching but I cant seem to find a way simple enough for a newbie.

I even fell for the scam 2ce

big thanxxx if u can save my 3gs

Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort better than the timing method of pulling out the cable
    As a newbie, you might encounter problems along the way.
    Success rate is 7/10 from my experience..

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Whatever happened to that unlock sim fits over the sim piggy back?
    I don't understand what you are talking about ?....LOL
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-24 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

pni01 (2010-05-26)

[QUOTE=yeow202;5258286]Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort better than the timing method of pulling out the cable
    As a newbie, you might encounter problems along the way.
    Success rate is 7/10 from my experience..

thanx yeow
    cant fix it
    shame I'd already done a restore
    hopeefully I cu dwait till june & there'd be an unlock !
    ps som 1 kick the folks @ apple 4 once