Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 5.12.01

Default Help Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 5.12.01
    Just recently bought an iPhone 3G with 3.1.3 FW and a 5.12.01 Baseband.

I hear that there are solutions to downgrading and such, yet there are so many of them that either do not work or seem too risky.

What would be the best advice to go with since I am trying to Unlock and Jailbreak my iPhone 3G 3.1.3 5.12.01?

Thank yoU!!

Also, if possible, if there are any WORKING solutions, please point them my way. I would greatly appreciate it!!!

simply
    solution is PATIENCE

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No unlock yet. Sorry. Maybe in June. To jailbreak, use spirit. Fast and easy.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

3G phones with bootloader 5.08 may downgrade basebands to have a working unlock. ih8sn0w.com use f0recast to determine what baseband your phone is on, jailbreak it with the appropriate tool then download Fuzzyband to downgrade baseband if possible. Unlock used then would be Ultrasn0w which can be obtained by adding repo666.ultrasn0w.com in Cydia.

Edit* sorry didnt notice you already new what firmware youre on. Jailbreak with redsn0w then follow the rest of the directions. Fuzzyband will tell you whether your baseband can be downgraded or not.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-05-12 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost