Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone asked their carrier to unlock the iPhone?

Default Anyone asked their carrier to unlock the iPhone?
    I have had my iPhone 3gs for abour 8 months now (o2 Ireland) and I moved to Spain a few weeks back. As I have upgraded to 3.1.3 (05.12.01) I cant unlock it. I have emailed o2 Ireland about unlocking my phone and got this back -

I have requested with our contact the unlocking code for your handset, IMEI number ***************.

Once the unlocking code is received you will be contacted by email with the unlock code and the procedure instructions as to how to unlock your I-phone.

Please note also your handset will be unlocked through i-tunes shortly after you receive the text from O2. A message will then be displayed advising that your phone has been unlocked.

If the unlocking code is incorrect please email us with the error you are getting.

I hope this is of assistance to you.

Thanks

really....how interesting

i tried with my aunts att and iphone 3gs, no go.

Thanks

They always say that I had a long conversation with a call centre they said the same.. but I have had two unlocked one on o2 UK one on orange UK what happened with o2 was that they send me a txt message to connect my phone to itunes to unlock
    my phone was jailbroken and when connecting to itunes a message said “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked” ..with orange I received an email as follows:
    1) Insert a non-Orange SIM card.
    2) Switch ON the handset.
    3) The handset should display: USB cable and iTunes icon.
    4) Synchronise device with iTunes
    5) Once synchronised a message will appear on iTunes stating “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked”
    6) Follow on screen set up instructions to enable new carrier settings

Your handset should now be successfully unlocked.
    Should this not show, please keep other network 3G sim in the iphone and restore the iphone via iTunes making sure all data is backed up first.

I know of a couple of people who are on o2 uk and jailbroken and they had to keep another network sim in there phone and restore to get it to say the “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked” bit

hope this helps..