Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activate 3.1.3 with AT&T prepaid SIM?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Activate 3.1.3 with AT&T prepaid SIM?
    I have a 16GB 3GS on 3.1.3 with the new bootroom thats unactivated and stuck in the Emergency Call screen. I'll be traveling back to the states soon, and will be getting a prepaid sim so i can have a phone (hopefully i can use my iPhone!), but not really sure if I will be able to use ANY AT&T sim card.

Does anybody have any experience with activating their iPhones with a prepaid simcard?

I can't see a reason why this wouldn't work because it seems so simple.... almost too simple.

There must be alot of people that have their phones stuck in the Emergency Call only screen just like me. Am I really just stuck on this screen unless i have a legit AT&T contract plan?

I also, am stuck at the emergency screen. I just restored my jailbroken iphone planning to jailbreak again. But i don't have an at&t sim card! So I'm stuck here. Will no idea what to do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the only solution i can think of (which is what i did for this problem), was to go to the AT&T store, and get their prepaid sim card (they call it GO-Phone), and then just let them know its for an iPhone, and they'll activate it for you. And then, you can jailbreak again with Spirit

However, you won't have an unlock!

hey guys where can i get an AT&T Card?

I have an UK iphone and its lock on 3.1.3 New Boot Room. What can i do to unlock it? Please help

Thanks

thankssssssssssss

Man, I think I got lucky, I still have the AT&T SIM Card from my 2G from the guy I bought it from.
    Helped me several times to get it running again, when it was stuck somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by hughEE View Post
    the only solution i can think of (which is what i did for this problem), was to go to the AT&T store, and get their prepaid sim card (they call it GO-Phone), and then just let them know its for an iPhone, and they'll activate it for you. And then, you can jailbreak again with Spirit

However, you won't have an unlock!
    did anybody actually do this ??? i am living overseas and there is no AT&T here.. I can have someone in the US get a prepaid sim for me and send it, but will it absolutely work. I don't want to waste time or money.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nooshi View Post
    did anybody actually do this ??? i am living overseas and there is no AT&T here.. I can have someone in the US get a prepaid sim for me and send it, but will it absolutely work. I don't want to waste time or money.

thanks
    It doesn't have to be prepaid. Any unactivated AT&T SIM will get you past the emergency screen

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

They used to have old sims for sale on ebay. It doesn't have to be from an active sim.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just an update on what i'd been doing...

I activated my iphone on 3.1.3 while i visited the states using an AT&T prepaid card. The phone worked fine (no data though..). I was able to jailbreak using Spirit. i left Texas last week, and arrived in Cyprus. After plugging in the iPhone to my laptop here, itunes pops up and tells me "There is no SIM card in the iPhone you are trying activate" (note, my prepaid sim card is still in the phone, AND the phone is activated because I still use it like an iPod Touch).

So... the "phone" still works as an ipod. I hope that if/when the unlock for 3.1.3 comes out, i can get back to using this as a phone instead of this piece of sh*t Nokia that i'm using.