Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Endless Apple logo cycle after blacksn0w install.

Default Endless Apple logo cycle after blacksn0w install.
    I set out to jailbreak and unlock this iPhone today and noticed it came with 3.1.3 firmware installed. So after reading the problem with this firmware I downgraded to 3.1.2 and set about jailbreaking, as soon as I finished jailbreaking it with blackra1n I went ahead and installed blacksn0w from cydia. Heres where things went wrong, cydia froze before I could tell it to restart the phone and after a good while I went ahead and held down the power button/home button in different combinations. Randomly after a bit of lag it turned off and turned back on to the apple logo and now it is stuck in this endless loop only displaying the apple logo. It stays with the apple logo for a good 10 minutes or so before flashing a white screen, going blank and returning to the apple logo.

I've tried to enter DFU mode many times, It doesn't respond in the slightest. Currently I'm letting the power drain as a dumb luck hoped approach, any help would be absolutely fantastic, I've searched google for the past 3 hours looking for solutions.

No luck with draining the battery, although the dead battery screen does show up. I believe I've bricked the thing, such a shame as I was doing this for my brother's birthday.
    Last edited by Brett M; 2010-05-07 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what iPhone is it? And what's the baseband version?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you have an iPhone 3G than your baseband is permanently upgraded to 5.12.01 which is NOT unlockable which is why blacksn0w freaked out on you. You're stuck.