Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 3.1.3 (05.12.01) Hacktivation

Default 3GS 3.1.3 (05.12.01) Hacktivation
    I've read probably hundreds of threads about people questioning about unlocking the 05.12.01 baseband, luck for you, I'm not going to ask that, as I already know the answer.

My question is regarding the hacktivation of a 3GS with those firmware versions. Is there one in progress? Will one be released when the unlock is released alongside OS 4? Or is it possible that I missed a thread with the answer (not likely)?

I have tried blackra1n, Spirit, redsn0w and sn0wbreeze. All of which failed (I knew they would, but it was worth a shot).

Thanks.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Spirit should work on all devices. I don't see why it isn't working on your 3GS. Keep trying. Some people try persistently and by some miracle they actually get it up and running. Spirit is your best option. If you keep running into problems, perhaps if you can find a Mac and try out PwnageTool as an alternative? Depending on your bootrom and iPhone model, it may or may not work.

I have a 3GS 3.1.3 + 05.12.01 + new boot rom, i cant find any hacktivation procedure, spirit doesnt activate the iphon, you need an activated iphone to use it.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Oh it's never been jailbroken before? Or what? You don't have SHSH files backed up do you?

Default 05.12.01bootloader 05.09
    programs were still locked up in positions of poverty if there is a new
    coders to tell you I'm still hiding like you I'm sure next week 14 per
    month will launch freedombaseband 05.12.01bootloader 05.09

im not asking about unlock, because its clear that the new unlock method its not out yet, what im asking its about any hacktivation method to the 3gs 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

no hacktivation available now.

Easy, Go to eBay(Link) buy this Sim card, get it into your iPhone activate it and Jailbreak it...
    Now when you have an Jailbroken iPhone wait for the Unlock.

Im at Dominican Republic, can i use this sim to activate my iphone?

Spirit does NOT unlock it only jailbreaks NO unlock released yet for the 05.12.01 baseband trust me!!!

NO unlock for the new baseband 05.12.01 you can look til your blue in the face and you will still be without luck!!
    Last edited by Robzbos; 2010-05-10 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did you read the name of this treat? its HACKTIVATION, no one is asking you about unlock, or jailbrake. Please read before post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kill2bill View Post
    Easy, Go to eBay(Link) buy this Sim card, get it into your iPhone activate it and Jailbreak it...
    Now when you have an Jailbroken iPhone wait for the Unlock.
    This does not work, I am in the UK and have a iPhone from the US stuck on the activation screen so i got a At&t card from eBay, All iTunes says is "the SIM card in this iphone does not appear to be supported"

I am also looking for a hacktivation like the OP with no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Chaos View Post
    This does not work, I am in the UK and have a iPhone from the US stuck on the activation screen so i got a At&t card from eBay, All iTunes says is "the SIM card in this iphone does not appear to be supported"

I am also looking for a hacktivation like the OP with no luck
    Are you sure that your iPhone is from the US?
    Look, I have a new iPhone, and i did buy the sim and it worked for me.
    The answer for your situation might be:
    1. Getting a new Sim from AT&T from the link i gave you.
    2. You might just call to the store you bought your iPhone and ask them where it's originally from. they might also tell you to come over their store to activate it since they suppose to have random Sim cards from around the world. :P
    Good luck!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

May be irrelevant but jailbreaking is a form of hacktivating. Just to clarify. You might try an active AT&T SIM on a contract if you can get your hands on one. prepaid SIMs don't always work. It might be your phone isn't a US one, who knows. It could be locked to another carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    May be irrelevant but jailbreaking is a form of hacktivating. Just to clarify. You might try an active AT&T SIM on a contract if you can get your hands on one. prepaid SIMs don't always work. It might be your phone isn't a US one, who knows. It could be locked to another carrier.

That's what i meant in my last post but you have described it better. =)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can get a prepaid sim to work, but you have to get a regular sim and transfer the number to it. The regular prepaid sim cards come up invalid sim. Purchase a new sim (not prepaid), call customer care, and tell them you need to do a sim change. Done it many times for friends.

Help!!! I can activate may iphone 2G, after upgrade 3.1.3 in the activation appears an error, now I can use it like phone but it's not activated I'm from Ecuador please help me!!!