Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activate iPhone 3GS old bootrom on 3.1.3

Default Activate iPhone 3GS old bootrom on 3.1.3
    Hi, do anyone knows how to activate an iPhone 3GS with original 3.1.3 firmware and old bootrom?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Use "Spirit" to jailbreak it.

The iPhone is in the emergency calls only, I want to activate it so I can use it as an iPod until the unlock is released

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah you have to jailbreak it.

Well Spirit didn't activate the phone or jailbreak it

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well you're going to have to be more specific about what you did or what happens when your run Spirit. Spirit is supposed to jailbreak all devices and I don't know what to tell you if you don't sat more than "well it didn't work". You need to at least say what happens when you run Spirit ie. "reboots back to emergency slide screen" or "Phone does not react when Spirit is running"

My phone is in the emergency calls only screen, it's not activated and it's an iPhone 3GS old bootrom with 3.1.3 firmware. Spirit jailbreak is supposed to work only with activated or hacktivated phones. When I ran Spirit it gives me an error that it couldn't write some code. I just need to hacktivate the phone but Spirit doesn't have that function

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well since it's never been jailbroken before there is nothing you can do about it but wait.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i will help u daniel

in order to jailbreak it you will need a proper sim card for your iphone lets say ur phone is att then you will need and att sim card and must activate on itune then you can use sprit

hope this helps

Thank you but I bought the phone on eBay so it didn't came with the sim card and also I'm not at the United States

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

That was understood. You need to get a SIM that the phone was made for to activate it and get past the emergency call screen. I would suggest either returning the phone or finding a valid AT&T SIM to use. You should really check to see if it is a US phone or not as it is locked to a specific carrier (could be another carrier besides AT&T). If you want a functional iPhone I'd suggest doing the above or returning it and buying a 3G since 3G phones don't experience these difficulties. Making sure the baseband is not 5.12.01 also helps as that is the only baseband that cannot be unlocked. Otherwise, you could always wait until the new 4.0 OS is released, which will definitely have a jailbreak and unlock available soon after.

Hi Anniex423 or anyone else:

Does purchasing a $10 AT&T prepaid card can let me bypass the emergency call screen?

P.

I have same situation here too, please let me know.
    Either I bought the AT&T sim carm not activate by calling to AT&T, can I use it in my iphone to bypass the emergency call??
    or I have to buy $10AT&T prepaid card to activate??(same like hentaipeter)