Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit jailbreaking failed!! Helpppp

Default Spirit jailbreaking failed!! Helpppp
    iPHONE 3gs 3.1.3 restored. itunes asking for compatible sim to activate phone. spirit jailbreak failed. error code 1.

does this mean i hav to activate the iphone first? does that mean i need to get an att sim to do that?

pls help cos this is getting really frustrating!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

yes your phone has to be activated with an att sim card... after its activated you can jailbreak with spirit
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to madczech For This Useful Post:

Promix (2010-05-03)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Spirit is NOT for people who plan to unlock b/c it does not activate phones. For a valid contract you need to activate through iTunes first.. then jailbreak.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Promix (2010-05-03)

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!! I activated with an at&t sim and boooom!! Jailbreak was the fastest i ever saw!!!

What next? How can i unlock the phone now so i can use my local sim. Im getting the 'no service' msg on the phone!!

By the way thanks for the replies guys.

You cant, is just a jailbreak not an unlock.You need to wait for an unlock

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon79 View Post
    spirit is not for people who plan to unlock b/c it does not activate phones. For a valid contract you need to activate through itunes first.. Then jailbreak.
    thanks a lot for ur input! I activated the phone and the jb worked. However i just got info abt cydia and storing ones shsh files in saurik,s server in case of future upgrades. Can i still do that after jailbreaking? Or do i need to restore my phone and start all over again?

Pls moderators, ur input will be appreciated

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can open Cydia and press the Make my life easier button on front page or use Umbrella to backup shsh file.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderica View Post
    You can open Cydia and press the Make my life easier button on front page or use Umbrella to backup shsh file.
    thanks a lot. but can i do that after jailbreaking the phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

not now there srvice is down now

Default iphone 3GS stuck w/ a snowflake on black screen
    I have a jailbroken unlocked (t-mobile) Iphone. I used black snowbreeze to update to 3.1.3 and spirit I thought to unlock to use with T-mobile.

Snowbreeze worked fine - but when trying to unlock using spirit my iphone is now stuck on a black screen with a white snowflake and I can't get it off of this screen. What should I do???

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebjswife View Post
    I have a jailbroken unlocked (t-mobile) Iphone. I used black snowbreeze to update to 3.1.3 and spirit I thought to unlock to use with T-mobile.

Snowbreeze worked fine - but when trying to unlock using spirit my iphone is now stuck on a black screen with a white snowflake and I can't get it off of this screen. What should I do???
    Spirit is for jailbreak not for unlocking, so you tried to jailbreak already jailbroken iphone and now you're stuck with snow flake logo.

You should've used ultrasn0w to unlock not jailbreak to mess up ur phone.

you don't want to mess with 3GS and sn0wbreeze than spirit. they dont go together. you should've read instructions carefully
    Last edited by delusion950; 2010-07-10 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebjswife View Post

Now that you have messed up your Iphone by applying Spirit, put your Iphone in Recovery mode and restore to Snowbreeze custom firmware again and then go to Cydia and install Ultrasn0w to unlock