Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new 3gs 3.1.3 bb 5.12.1 unlocking

Default new 3gs 3.1.3 bb 5.12.1 unlocking
    Hello,

First of all, I want to thank all of you guys out there who are doing an excellent job creating software to jailbreak/unlock iphone software for us, n00bs. You are our saviors and we owe you!!

Second of all, I understand that I can jailbreak, but I can't unlock my new iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with baseband 5.12.1 as of today, May 1 2010. Based on my research, there's no way to do it and that you guys don't want to release an unlock for a very valid reason. Why do it, if a month from now there'll be new 4.0 software that could potentially be even harder to unlock.

I bought this phone on ebay for a friend overseas, he understands the situation, and he's ready to wait for a couple of months until there's a jailbreak+unlock for 4.0.x.

I only have one question for you guys. It's a very stupid question because you can't ask about an unknown, but I still want to ask for your opinion. How confident are you that there will indeed be a jailbreak+unlock for new 4.0.x software released sometime in June/July? Up until now, you've managed to find a way to jailbreak/unlock all versions of iPhone OS, so I would imagine it will continue with 4.0.x, and we just have to wait.

I have two options now, sell it back on ebay, or tell my friend to wait because he'll be ok in a couple of months.

Thanks!
    n00b

2. The Following User Says Thank You to roman7927 For This Useful Post:

Amarinderjit (2010-05-25)

Its almost guaranteed to release when the new iPhone releases sometime in June

Hey roman you said that u know u can jailbreak the 3.1.3 but can't unlock it. Well I'm wondering how u go about Jb the 3.1.3?

@ jhulin3 spirit will jailbreak 3.1.3

Don't trust any of those websites. They'll take your money and never give it back and when you question them they'll tell you it was for the old version 3.1.2.

Hey guys,

Spirit (Dev-Team Blog) is the painless way to JB almost all devices with the latest firmware but dont forget to backup your blobs (Apple signatures) for newer updates otherwise you will never downgrade back (NOT EVER !) since Apple will verify an unique ID per device/chip ever time you update your firmware. Spend some time reading and searching for videos on YouTube to avoid getting stuck on your device. PS.: Beseband 05.12.01 is not hacked yet, lets wait...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Spirit requires activated phone, FYI.

thanks everyone, I'm waiting

Hey guys,

I hope I'm not being off-topic with this post: I'm pretty much in the same position as roman7927, meaning I have an iPhone 3GS with fw 3.1.3, baseband 05.12.01 and new bootrom. The thing is I'm stuck at the emergency call screen, my iPhone is not activated.

And now the question: is it possible to hacktivate the device (without unlocking) so that until an unlock is released to be able to use my device as an iPad?

Will a restore with a custom (activated) ipsw activate my iPhone?

Thanks in advance

Please confirm if these are true, I'm a little confused:
    1. the new ultrasn0w will unlock a jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.0 and 05.13.04 baseband
    2. there's no jailbreak yet for iOS 4.0, but should become available soon

I have my 3GS on AT&T, but I need to test 4.0 jailbreak+unlock for a friend. Is it ok if I upgrade to 4.0 now, and then just wait for jailbreak for 4.0 and then unlock to test it? Or should I stay on 3.1.3 for some reason?