Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacktivation question

Default Hacktivation question
    Is it possible to hacktivate an iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.1.3 FW, Bootloader 6.4, Baseband 05.12.01, Model MB716
    Just want to use the phone as an ipod till the unlock will come.
    Thanks in advance guys.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes it is. Look at the tutorials on how to do this. Looks like it will be a tethered jailbreak.

Could you link me with the best guide here because there are so much guides and i don't know on which one to look at.

Seriously, please provide the link. I need this too, but don't think it's possible.

Same problem please link please, Ive 3gs 3.1.3 usa and Im in mexico

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is for Mac:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool [Mac]

Fow Windows, you'll have to find the custom firmware. Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrik101 View Post
    This is for Mac:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool [Mac]

Fow Windows, you'll have to find the custom firmware. Google is your friend.
    PwnageTool works only on Mac or i can run it on any linux based system? Thanks.

Mavrik: This does not hacktivate on 5.12.01. iTunes spits out 16xx errors. This has been well-documented for some time. I've cooked lots of custom firmwares using pwnagetool, and have also downloaded activated custom firmwares to no avail. Those of us on 5.12.01 trying to use unofficial carriers are still SOL for the foreseeable future.

I have found a solution! (Just visited the store i bought it from)
    They have activated it with AT&T Sim Card! I have asked them Where i can get one, And they said i can buy one from eBay.
    Means we can pay 5 bucks for a Sim and then be totally sure that if anything like that happen again we could fix it.

Thanks to everyone that have answered and tried to help!

I agree pwt is not working in 5.12 I think teh only wey is to by a gophone card