Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone 3G, need to activate, no active AT&T SIM

Default New iPhone 3G, need to activate, no active AT&T SIM
    I have an old AT&T SIM card that worked on my previous iPhone, but the phone broke and Apple exchanged it for a new one. That SIM card does not work in the new phone, and says it needs to be activated. I do not have AT&T; I plan to use this phone on T-Mobile. But I am not familiar with the activation procedure. How can I activate it or fake it so that I can jailbreak and unlock this phone properly? Thank you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Make sure your baseband is 5.11.07 or lower. If 5.12.01, it is not unlockable at the present time. Then create or download "activated" firmware. This should jailbreak your phone. Then, depending on your baseband, unlock with blacksn0w (5.11.07) or ultrasn0w (4.26 and below).

it says the modem firmware is 05.12.01. Any idea when it will be able to be unlocked? is there a way to downgrade to 3.1.2 and unlock that? Someone has to have figured out a way to do this...

Thanks

No way to downgrade, unless it was 5.08 originally. But very few were. You could download fuzzy from cydia to check.

If not, no unlock until the 4g is released, and thats not even a certainty yet.

I just got it from the Apple store today, brand new. So I doubt it. I got fuzzy, and it said not possible. but I don't believe it. There has to be a way...

I don't understand why someone just doesn't release the unlock tool already. Apple will fix the problem in the next update like always, and then they will find another way around it again. From what I've read, ti has been 3 months already they have been holding out on us. Release it already! We're dying here!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

dude chill... your in the same boat as hundreds of other people!

the point is , the point is that the baseband only has so many exploits and they get harder and harder and harder to find... and that they always will find a way around it again is not for sure, because one day the exploits are gone! So why would the dev-team release and unlock for the stupid 3.1.3 fw if 4.0 is already in beta?? If an unlock would be shown now, it would be patched again in 4.0 and who want's that??

Id then rather wait and unlock the 4.0 instead of now my 3.1.3 you get what i mean?

And other then that, there is no sense of beggin, as the 100% wont releas anything till the 4th gen iPhone or the OS 4.0 is out... so just sit back relax and buy a nokia, or if your so despreate call up att and suscribe to a plan...
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

Thanks

Exactly