Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activating iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 without SIM...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I don't think an official sim card that has not been activated can be used however an official prepaid card will work as prepaid is always activated when inserted. Regarding availablity of roaming for prepaid will definitely work too. Once again u guys can try

I was in the same situation as all of you: a 3GS with 3.1.13/5.12.01, stuck on emergency screen because I didn't have an official sim. I was able to hacktivate it by downgrading to 3.1.12 using Saurik's server, getting past the 1015 error using quickpwn, and then running blackra1n twice. I hesitate to share this because Cydia informs me that I have my 3.1.12 shsh files stored, even though I am certain that I never knowingly stored them, so this may not work for you. However, if you want to try, please search for my post in this sub-forum describing in detail how I did it. It's fairly involved, and WILL NOT UNLOCK YOUR 5.1.12 BASEBAND for use on an unofficial carrier, but at least you can enjoy the other 90%+ functionality until the next unlock comes out--I'm typing this on my 3GS, in fact. Good luck.

Hi Guys

I am in the same situation . but how do i find out what sim card will activate my iphone. i am in the UK , Will it always be AT&T sim card to activate . Or will it be a uk SP

check the model no. of the phone... search on google ... it will tell u what sim card the phone will need...

Hi guys,

Could you help me? I will have the opportunity to buy an iphone. I live in Europe and my relatives will go to the States so i thought that mybe they will be able to buy one (3gs or 4 ) in an official Apple Store.
    Can thay? (just go in and buy it with cash)
    And if they can, will I be able to activate it here ? it is not a problem that i have to wait for unlock (now i am using a 3g but would like to upgrade for 3gs or 4 )

Thank U for any help...

Hi guys,

Could you help me? I will have the opportunity to buy an iphone. I live in Europe and my relatives will go to the States so i thought that mybe they will be able to buy one (3gs or 4 ) in an official Apple Store.
    And if they can, will I be able to activate it here ? it is not a problem that i have to wait for unlock (now i am using a 3g but would like to upgrade for 3gs or 4 )

Thank U for any help...
    Last edited by almos444; 2010-06-08 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by almos444 View Post
    Hi guys,

Thank U for any help...

Hi guys,

Thank U for any help...
    You may be able to buy the 3GS at apple store without Contract for the full price and make sure you get the official sim card too, not so sure about tbe 4G which is pretty new and not available yet. Happy ..3GS....someone is taking me home

Thank you for your fast answer, so full price is not the on I see on apple.com I suppose, I would like to buy it for 100usd than take home, exchange the card (i heard it comes with an AT T sim) and make it work...
    Do you know what is the full price or with that my phone is goingt to be factory sim free.

Thanks

The US $ 97.00 is for a 2 years contract and with Social Security Number for Credit Checking which you don't have, you will probably be looking at $599.00 US dollars for a 16Gig 3GS. The iphone is going to be locked to AT&T too. I suggest you buy it from your own Country if you can.

Thank you, in that case i dont think it worth it, i can buy it here for 600usd. so said, thank u anyway

guys I am in different situation

I have a new iphone 3gs not activated.I dont have the carrier sim and it is not even activated.i tried to find firmware version by *3001#12345#* but it doesnt show any thing else emergency calls number page.Now the question is that how can i tackle this problem and unlock and jail break it even the firmware and boot loader is not known.

I can't activate my iphone 3gs 3.1.3;

can i know why?????

at the time that i bought it seller said it is an unlocked iphone...

does because that problem make my phone could not activate?????

Thanks

You have a software unlock when you bought it . The reason why you are locked is because you restore your Iphone again thereby losing the unlock at version 3.1.3. You can only jailbreak with Spirit after Activation and use it as an Ipod Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    You have a software unlock when you bought it . The reason why you are locked is because you restore your Iphone again thereby losing the unlock at version 3.1.3. You can only jailbreak with Spirit after Activation and use it as an Ipod Touch.
    why as an ipod touch? isnt ultrasnow already provide unlocks for most basebands? i dont understand..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12