Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I check these on my Iphone 3gs?

Red face How do I check these on my Iphone 3gs?
    I have a 3gs which I upgraded to 3.1.3 and am now tearing out my hair in despair. By now I pretty much know that there is no way I can unlock it - at least for the time being. But I am trying a few thing by myself and a few questions from seasoned pros would help immensely.

1. How do I check the baseband version? I upgraded to 3.1.3 couple of weeks back.Somehow figured out the BOOTROM version which is 359.3.2

2. When I switch on the phone I get the "Slide for emergency" message in various languages with the picture of a USB cable connecting to iTunes. How can I get to the next stage? I tried the iRecovery -s (SET AUTO-BOOT TRUE and then SAVEENV) several times on WinXP Pro with no luck. Each time the cursor moves to the next line without any indication of what's happening. Any tip would be most welcome. At least I can use the device as an iPOD.

3. Any way to check the operator this phone is locked to? I think this came from the UK. And there are 4 operators there.

4. Apple has an online list of carriers in various countries who do "authorized unlocking". Will the operator unlock the phone from the current operator and lock it with theirs or will they unlock it totally for a fee? Any idea how this actually works?

Thanks

1. settings>general>about>all the way at the bottum
    2. insert a legit att sim card
    3.fido>roger> orange> one of those maybe
    4.dunno, maybe not possible

@z3r01 I don't see this at the bottom:
    "settings>general>about>all the way at the bottum"