Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Paying For A Phone and Cant USE IT!!!!

Default Paying For A Phone and Cant USE IT!!!!
    Hi all, thank you for your time but I have paid two months of my new phone plan without actually using my PHONE ONCE.

Long story Short I Lived in Mexico and have an iphone 3g 3.1.2 (7d11) with Telcel as my Carrier. I have recently moved to Canada and bought a Telus Sim Card.

Now I have Jailbroken my iphone and am good at using it and Modifying it. When I jailbroke it I used Blackra1n.

Now I canceled my Telcel service carrier when I moved to Canada but I did not UNLOCK it first so now I get No service sign when my Telcel sim is in.

When I put my Telus sim in it says that this chip is not supported blah blah blah.

I have restored my phone back to Factory with firmware 3.1.2 and am looking at how to UNLOCK the damn thing.

I cant get internet access through 3g obliviously because neither carrier works Telcel because it is deactivated and Telus because its not unlocked and it wont pick up wifi at all. Now how do I download the addition from blackra1n to unlock???? Or is there a different option that I don't know. It seems to me I am in a catch 22 here. I cant get a friends Sim cause they all live in Mexico.

Please anyone with info that can help me I will be greatly appreciated. I am paying for my new Sim card and my month to month plan and I have no phone, as well as I really not having my iphone!!!!!!!

Thank you for your replies.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You need to create or download custom activated firmware and restore with the custom firmware. Tutorials are on this and other sites.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mavrik101 For This Useful Post:

french2781 (2010-04-20)

There are so many different files any help on which one. Do I need to Jailbreak again first? Right now I have restored to Factory and my Blackra1n is not working, missing ASL.dll? Should I use a different Program to jailbreak? What is best other than Blackra1n right now?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Download a custom firmware from google and then shift/restore in iTunes. Option/restore on a mac. Add the blackra1n.com repository to Cydia and install Blacksn0w. Be sure to turn off 3G in settings before installing blacksnow. You want a hactivated firmware so iTunes doesn't have to activate it. You will have wifi capabilities after the jailbreak, but no phone signal until you install blacksnow so be sure to be around a wifi spot so cydia can be used.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

french2781 (2010-04-21)

Few More Questions. Should I jailbreak First, Or with factory setings? Right now I am Factory restored state.

Should I restore with my Telcel (old sim), my Telus (new sim) or no sim in the phone when doing the restore with the custom Firmware?

Thank you agian for the help so far.

I keep getting "The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)"
    Last edited by french2781; 2010-04-21 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost