Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buying a 3Gs with 3.1.2 and bb 5.11

Default Buying a 3Gs with 3.1.2 and bb 5.11
    Hi all,
    Need some advice... I am buying a 3gs with 3.1.2 and bb 5.11 tomorrow and have a question about removing personal information from the phone. The seller wants to make sure none of his personal information remains on the phone and I need to know how to delete it without restoring to 3.1.3 and bb 5.12.... Any ideas? It is not jailbroken or unlocked at the moment.

Also, will I have any issues keeping the OS/bb version and syncing with my info?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Do a reset of the phone thru the settings, or go thru and delete everything manually (which could take some time).

Then follow the tutorials on this site on how to restore without upgrading your baseband. Best thing to do would be to stay away from firmware 3.1.3 until youre comfortable with restore/jailbreak/unlock. That way you won't "accidentally" upgrade to 3.1.3, which will also upgrade your baseband to 5.12.01, and you'll not be able to unlock at this time.

Thanks for the advice. After I found that option in settings I felt kind of stupid. lol. FYI got the phone, kb and unlocked with blackra1n and could not be happier!!!! Finally get to enjoy!