Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked 1.1.2 OTB keeps crashing

Default Unlocked 1.1.2 OTB keeps crashing
    Hi,

My iphone is Europe 1.1.2 otb. Computer is OSX 10.5. This phone has never gone above 1.1.2. I use O2 (offical carrier when in UK).

I had it jb/activate by downgrade+ upgrading at first.
    Then I restored once, and did it again plus Geohotz unlock. Though only tried using other carriers (vodafone UK) once, I had no problems then.

Third time round when Preferences.app kept crashing, I restored again, but this time I used Ziphone 2.5 (do it all).
    I synced everything back (sms/phone records/prefs) and it was working fine. But I never tried the phone with any other carriers' sims.

Today I went to Hong Kong, and popped a HK based (New World Mobility) sim in. The phone keeps crashing at first when I switched away from airplane mode once I landed. I mean springboard keeps restarting itself. Occasionally I get enough time between it restarting itself to use phone.app so that I can make calls, though I can't end calls because by time sb already restarted and I am stuck at sb and cant go back to phone.app. And I can't recieve calls as when someone calls me, the sb restarts, and phone.app just not respond. Then SMS.app and call records jumps straight back out to sb on launch, so I see how many txt&missed calls I have. WeiSMS worked, though. Some time later, Sb seems not restarting itself as often, so I can actually use some other features but it seems I still can't use call records and default SMS app.

Now because I have roaming on my O2 sim, I popped it back in once I could. Nothing is crashing! everything works on my o2 sim (even in HK), but i just can't use the phone when my HK sim is in!

I need to get this fixed, anyone can tell me how? I wouldn't mind losing all the data (meaning set up the phone at itunes "as a new phone") if it will actually make the phone useful. I don't mind upgrading to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 either.

Please help me!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Have you tried installing a program called iWorld?

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I suggest you to restore to 1.1.3 firmware and use Ziphone to DO IT ALL,but if you really INSIST staying on 1.1.2 firmware use iWorld and choose your country and reoot your iPhone,ALL MUST WORK!!!!!!