Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3.1.2 bb 4.28.08 bl 6.4 running on selected sim why?

Default iphone 3.1.2 bb 4.28.08 bl 6.4 running on selected sim why?
    my phone was unlock with ultrasn0w 0.92. tried to insert the softbank sim and run for several hours then suddenly the signal failed. try to insert different sim like docomo and the signal is in full bar. the phone was originally on softbank before its service was terminated and hactivated. any idea whats wrong with this phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry I dont get what your trying to say

so your phone has a softbank lock on it and you can use it with docomo?

Correct me if Im wrong
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

im sorry, the phone was purchased from second hand shop here in Japan. It was originally from softbank.
    the phone was on 3.0 Fw, 4.26.08 modem fw, and 6.4 bootloader,

1. successfully jailbreak with redsnow 0.8 but unable to unlock with 0.92 ultrasn0w
    2. upgrade to 3.1.2 without changing its modem fw. ( used activated 3.1.2 ipsw from internet sources)
    3. Install ultrasn0w 0.92 then insert softbank sim, it worked for several hours then signal failed. Now even the carriers name ( softbank)is not present on the signal bar area
    4. Inserted Docomo sim, its working the docomo name is present and the signal bar is full.
    5. Tried to replace docomo sim with softbank sim ,,,, no signal, no carriers name its just a flat bar.Tried to look for the phone number of sim on phone setting, the number is there

Any idea what wrong with this