Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Activate with other Sim / Unlock 3G(S) 3.1.3 New Bootroom and Baseband!

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation iPhone Activate with other Sim / Unlock 3G(S) 3.1.3 New Bootroom and Baseband!
    Hey guys!

I thought I would share this little experience I had with my iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 which obviously wasn't unlockable.

I couldn't be bother to wait any longer so I sold it on ebay for a quite good price.

Then I went and bought a broken 3g off ebay... I thought somehow I would be able to fix it... But hehe that wasn't the case

So I decided to go to the apple store to see how much it was to fix it... They told me around 120$ but in the second sentence he also mentioned I could get a new refurbished one for 199$ which obviously would have the same Simlock as the old iPhone I gave them. So there I was again withe a iPhone 3G FW 3.1.3 Bootloader 6.4 and the new baseband. So I was stuck again on my "iPod touch"

As I still was in the Apple Store I tried to activate it with my sunrise sim... (I live in Switzerland and the iPhone I got swaped had a Swisscom Simlock on it)... And now the highlight of this day: I opend iTunes and voila my iPhone was activated with sunrise!!! WOOOW

In my head I was like they must have given me a official unlocked iPhone... So I went down back to the Genius Bar and they told me: no no your iPhone has a Swisscom simlock!! But it takes a while for the swaped device to take over the settings (simlock) of the old broken iPhone which is retrieved off the Apple Server. He mentioned that it usually takes a couple of hours..

I was like: WEEEEEPAAAAAAAA! Got a new iPhone 3G and even made a small benefit from selling my first one on ebay!

So to sumarize: If your fed up with a non unlockable iPhone 3G(S) sell it on ebay... Get a broken one off ebay (water damage, lcd broke whatever it doesn't matter) and then get it swaped at a Apple Store for 199$ and activate it with any Simcard right away in the Apple Store!! (and after that don't update/restore again )

And there you go with a "unlocked" iPhone 3G 3.1.3 with a new bootloader and baseband!!

So if you can't wait for the unlock go ahead and do that!

Did it now three times and it worked every time!!
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

lolz.. ur lucky.. but in america u can't do it. be cuz they won't let u put any other sims card in the iphone except AT&T..

Thanks

pretty sure you can... cause the offer you a general fixing fee of $199 then they give you the replacement phone which you can activate within a time range with any provider (t-mobile, rogers)

Thanks

My resent accomplishment

The phone was ripped apart, cables ripped etc. Water damage (which you can see on the orange/red part on the bottom)

And guess what, I got it replaced for $199 at the apple store with no questions asked

-photo.jpg

This is seriously awesome...but here in Minneapolis my friend tried the same thing, and they wanted to look at his sim first. Oh well.

Ps - Thanks for all the help on my post, you guys were awesome.

Can't we just buy one of these unlocked phones from switzerland off ebay or something and then here in USA we can use unlocked iphone 3G or 3Gs?

Thanks

you could do that... but official unlocked iphones are pretty expensive. The prices range from 699, 799, 899 swiss francs