Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs 3.1.3 new baseband, Hardware unlock?

Default iPhone 3gs 3.1.3 new baseband, Hardware unlock?
    is there such a thing as hardware unlock for my iPhone 3gs, im stuck on 3.1.3 and its currently locked to a network that i dont use and im sick of waiting for all these jailbreaks/unlocks to come out. id rather pay for it. so is it possible?

No.

Your best bet is selling it if you cant wait and buying one that is unlocked or can be unlocked.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2010-04-14 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's strange that you are "sick of waiting" instead of saying that you lack the proper gratefulness for what is being given to us for free by people who don't get paid for their hard work. No one owes you anything and nowhere was it guaranteed by Apple that you could unlock the phone. The reality is that you probably got to 3.1.3 through your own actions and now you want someone else to help you out of the problem.

Do you realize that these unlocks by the dev team, geohot etc. aren't just the free version, they are THE versions? You can pay through a lot of websites for them to do the same thing, but they are using these unlocks too.

you could:
    1)sell your phone to someone on ATT and buy an $800 unlocked 3GS
    2)buy a moto razr for $30 and get by for a few months till they unlock 5.12.1
    3)go Android where a bunch more people work for free for you.

sorry, I get a bit aggressive when people start feeling entitled to what is freely given.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehumble1 View Post

Do you realize that these unlocks by the dev team, geohot etc. aren't just the free version, they are THE versions?.
    Well, this isn't exactly true. THE unlock is the one carriers outside the US provide via iTunes activation.