Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help with 2.2.1 Unlock & Jailbreak - Newb!

Unhappy Please Help with 2.2.1 Unlock & Jailbreak - Newb!
    Hello everyone.
    I would like to appologize if I have posted this in the wrong place or if I just seem dumb but no matter how I have searched and tried I cannot find a straight-forward answer / guide on how to (I hope) unlock and jailbreak my iPhone 3G/2.2.1/(5H11)/MB489B/02.30.03.
    Some posts say it can't be done, some say it can, some say use quickpwn 2.2 (that just crashes in windows 7 anyway) but then I cannot unlock it if I do. There are other posts about 3.1.2 and Redsnow that will unlock iphone 3G & jailbreak but it doesn't mention my firmware.......!
    Please, please could one of you skilled people out there write an easy to follow guide that will unlock & Jailbreak my iPhone if possible?
    I'm pretty advanced with a PC but not with all these applications and how they work together.
    I restored my 2.2.1 firware with the latest iTunes yesterday which also resulted in a 'No Service' ever since. I can see my network (locked to o2) when I search for them manually but it will not connect.
    Is it screwed? Heres hoping for a saviour!
    Regards

Phill.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you cannot create custom firmware, then download it. Google it. Why dont you upgrade to 3.1.2? Its still unlockable, and most apps wont work on your current firmware.