Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak/Unlock iPhone 3G[S] 3.1.2 or above

Smile Jailbreak/Unlock iPhone 3G[S] 3.1.2 or above
    Hi everyone
    Every other post here is so confusing i cant understand what they are saying using these fancy words and stuff

i just bought an iPhone 3GS and i do not live in any country with a carrier for it so i need to unlock.

it is 3.1.2 version and model: MB715LL

I have tried to run blackra1n and it unlocks+jailbreaks, but everytime i restart phone i have to repeat the jailbreak.

is there any any way that i can permanently jailbreak/unlock? what is this sn0wbreeze application for; will it jailbreak my iphone permanently?

or do i have to wait for something and is there any announcement of anything which will fix this issue?/

i have researched almost 5 hours about this on the net and i am getting mixed replies, so someone please please explain to me clearly

thank you every1 so much

umair 4m pak

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You are on a tethered jailbreak, meaning that, yes, you'll have to run blackra1n every time your battery dies, or if you re-boot. Nothing you can do about it right now. Might be a fix when 4.0 software is released.

alright.. but i ran f0recast and it says that maybe my iphone can be untethered jailbroken...

should i try running sn0wbreeze 1.5.2? my iphone 3gs is on version 3.1.2, and i created a custom ISPW 3.1.3 .. should i restore my iphone to 3.1.3; will it remove the problem of having to run blackra1n everytime at boot-up?

thanks..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Check your sim tray. The 4th and 5th numbers will tell you what week the phone was made. If its 40 or above, you're tethered.
    Last edited by mavrik101; 2010-04-15 at 09:05 AM.