Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hesitant/Scared

Default Hesitant/Scared
    Ok just checked out my preferences, it has my 3.1.2 backup from a previous date. IPhone 3GS 16gb is at restore screen, asking to connect to itunes. Itunes wants me to restore it, but warns that lastet update will occur. Doesn't itunes first have to download the 3.1.3 update in order to update to that? if i hit restore, can i use that backup and it will back to working?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes it will download the newer software if you allow it. If youre not worried about unlocking, go ahead and upgrade. And yes you can restore from your old backup.

But i need the phone to stay unlocked, it was when i did the old back up. so if i hit restore, will it give me an option to download the lasted update which is 3.1.3? I NEVER DOWNLOADED 3.1.3! BUT MY PHONE IS IN RECOVERY MODE! SHOULD I RESTORE AND BACKUP AND WILL IT STILL BE UNLOCKED (AS IT WAS WHEN I BACKED IT UP)????

Thanks

If you need the unlock then DO NOT UPGRADE to 3.1.3. It will also upgrade your baseband and you will lose your unlock.

You are on a tethered jailbreak, meaning you will have to run blackra1n again if your phone ever loses power or reboots. You do not have to restore again. Blackra1n will reboot your phone to the state it was in before it lost power or rebooted.

Im guessing this is what happened?

Default Help!!!!
    Soooo I keep getting an error message when running blackrain.... it says error occured. I tried on two different comps already. It is still in recovery mode... WHAT DO I DO????

Thanks

What is the error message?