Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bought and unlocked phone & now in trouble!

Default Bought and unlocked phone & now in trouble!
    Bought an unlocked phone. 3GS 16gb Runs version 3.1.2. was working fine for a few hours. Phone died and powered off. Now when I try to turn it on, it is in recovery mode. itunes is giving me the message to restore, but it warns that it will be updated to the latest update of available. I NEVER UPDATED FIRMWARE TO 3.1.3. BECAUSE I KNEW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN! Iphone was synched and backup before it went kaput, should i restore then attempt to use the backup? or if i restore, will it update to 3.1.3, even though itunes never downloaded this update.... HELP!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

run blackra1n on it.

what and where is that?

ok just downloaded blackra1n but should i hit restore in itunes before i "make it rain"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ok just downloaded blackra1n but should i hit restore in itunes before i "make it rain"
    Last edited by rexo11686; 2010-04-10 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

NO!!

Just run blackra1n. You are on a "tethered" jailbreak, which means any time your phone dies or reboots, you'll have to run blackra1n to re-jailbreak.