Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking and unlocking 3GS 3.1.2 baseband 05.11.07

Smile Jailbreaking and unlocking 3GS 3.1.2 baseband 05.11.07
    Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and have a qeustion that concerns the jailbreak and unlock of the iphone 3GS OS 3.1.2 and baseband 05.11.07 with the bootloader 06.04.

I was able to jailbreak and unlock my iphone with Blackra1n. The only this I'm not understanding is everytime I reboot or turn off my iphone i have to run blackra1n agin to get it off the recovery mode or screen. Is this the nature of the 3.1.2 or did I do something wrong? Should I downgrade the OS to 3.0.1 and than jailbreak and unlock it than?

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You are on a "tethered" jailbreak. If your iphone was manufactured after week 40 (look on your sim tray and the 4th and 5th digit will tell you the week) youre probably stuck that way for now. Youll have to run blackra1n if your phone dies or reboots.

Yeah. You have the new bootrom. An untethered jailbreak is probably coming after the new iPhone release

where can I get more information about untethered and tethered jailbreak? I'm not understanding why it happen this way. Would it be possisble to downgrade to 3.0.1 and jailbreak or am I stuck untill a new jailbreak come out to treat this problem? What kind of update or jailbreak will I be looking for?

Thanks,

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It depends on your boot loader. And apparently yours will only work tethered. Doesnt matter what firmware you use. Sorry. Just gotta wait to see if the Dev team or Geo comes up with an untethered jailbreak