Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re-jailbreak and unlock 3.1.2 iPhone 3G

Thanks

Default Re-jailbreak and unlock 3.1.2 iPhone 3G
    Yeah, I've been having a host of problems on my iPhone 3G running 3.1.2 recently and I would like to re-jailbreak. Which I've never done.

Baring in mind I need to keep the phone unlocked, so could I just get the simple steps of what to download/do? I know there's alot of guides out there, but they confuse me.

I have a clean version of the 3.1.2 firmware, but apparently iTunes doesn't sign this anymore. I edited the host file thing but that did nothing. What can I do?

Tried to do Recovery Mode, still insists on using 3.1.3 [and I assume that I now cannot turn my iPhone on until doing so...fff] so am I stuck having to upgrade to 3.1.3 or is their a way to trick iTunes into using 3.1.2?

EDIT: Assuming now I have to use PwnageTool 3.1.5? Dunno if I can use that with 3.1.2, downloading 3.1.3 in case it can't. Yes, I keep editing this post. >>; I may end up fixing this myself or make an even bigger arse outta myself.

EDIT 2: Alright, successfully pwned and restored to 3.1.2. Phew. Didn't fix the Cydia problem, still crashes right back to SpringBoard. Whyyyyy?

EDIT 3: Restored again, Cydia worked. Restoring my backup...perhaps my backup is the cause. I'll soon find out. If it is, I'm gonna have to sacrifice it to keep Cydia working...

FINAL EDIT: Yeah, must be something in my backup. Guess I have to install my plethora of things all over again. Still, great to have Cydia back. This topic may now be ignored.
    Last edited by Rizaria; 2010-04-03 at 02:45 PM.