Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No service blacksn0w!

Default No service blacksn0w!
    I just got a new iPhone recently, I used blackra1n and blacksn0w for jailbreak and unlock like my last iPhone. It worked flawlessly on other iPhone. My new one always comes up with No Service. I have no idea why? I tried a fresh restore and jailbreak with redsn0w and unlock with blacksn0w through cydia. Still doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Firmware: 3.1.2

Bootloader: 05.09

Baseband: 5.11.07
    Last edited by dvn821; 2010-04-03 at 12:00 AM.
    If I helped thank me!

You don't even mention your FW version, bootloader & BB version as well as the iPhone version itself. If it's new it probably has the latest which you can not unlock, just jailbreak at the moment.

Haha sorry. I came home at 4 in the morning and posted this. It's 3.1.2 firmware, 05.09 bootloader, 5.11.07 baseband.

EDIT: I get low bars in places I should get full bars. All my friends and families have full bars while I have one or two. At home with my last iPhone I had full bars now I have 1 or no service. Sometimes when I go out I have full bars but they drop to one or no service like 20 seconds later
    Last edited by dvn821; 2010-04-02 at 09:31 PM.

I have the exact same thing that is happening to me. I have tried everything. After much research I am pretty sure that we have to wait for the new unlock. You are in the same boat as all of us. There is no unlock yet

I have service at some spots but most spots I have no service. So it is unlocked because it can find T-mobile
    If I helped thank me!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Might try this: Im guessing youre jailbroken, so in cydia add this source:
    cydia.pushfix.info/

This is and update to blacksn0w (rc2), and may help with reception issues as well as unlock.

Also, if youre iphone is a 3g, you might try restoring with factory firmware (NOT 3.1.3!), then jailbreak with blackra1n, then unlock with blacksn0w. Ive read that sometimes redsn0w causes reception issues. Dunno if its true, since ive never experienced it, but again, this is worth a try.
    Last edited by mavrik101; 2010-04-04 at 07:22 AM.

Yeah I've tried blacksn0w and blackra1n. I also tried rc2 from pushfix. None of them worked, thank you for your reply though. I know a lot of people are having this problem

I'm in the same boat. Using T-mobile
    3g, 3.1.2 5.11.07 jailbroken with redsn0w, unlocked with blacksnow RC2

My wife's is also a 3g, 3.1.2,5.11.07 BUT jb and unlocked iwth pwanage and it works perfect.

Well I just updated to custom firmware 3.1.3 and unlocked with blacksn0w RC2 and I get the same results. No service or one bar.
    If I helped thank me!

Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    Well I just updated to custom firmware 3.1.3 and unlocked with blacksn0w RC2 and I get the same results. No service or one bar.
    How long have you had the phone?

I've had it for a week I got it from a friend, who had it for almost 2 years.
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks

I know it sounds obvious, but did you turn off the 3g?

Yeah that's the first thing I do every time I unlock it with blacksn0w. I've tried so many things. I think 16GB 3G's on 3.1.2 5.11.07 have this problem
    If I helped thank me!

did you check with other sims?

Yes I just did with a legit iPhone AT&T sim card and I got 1 bar. I uninstalled blacksn0w and resetted before I put in the sim card.

Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    Yes I just did with a legit iPhone AT&T sim card and I got 1 bar. I uninstalled blacksn0w and resetted before I put in the sim card.
    Sounds like it's just hardware, nothing to do with the jb or unlocking.

When my friend had it and he had full bars on att. So idk if it is hardware. Plus I replaced the atenna and motherboard same thing.

Thanks

Weird. Never had any prob with my 16gig 3g. Did you replace the hardware yourself?

Yes I did. I know how to replace it though so idk why it has a problem. Any advice is welcome

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

Could the hardware that u replaced it with maybe faulty? Maybe ur backup has to do with it. Try doing a fresh restore (not the stock apple coz ur BB will get updated!), then set it up as a new phone. Then unlock usng blacksn0w RC2 Final. Made all the difference for me when I did it yesterday on my 3GS on CFW 3.1.3 BB 5.11.07. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast