Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No service blacksn0w!

Yeah could be, my old atenna worked until I updated to 3.1.2. It was on 3.1 before that. I been doing set up as new phone. I tried restore from a back up today and I got the same results. I know a lot of people are having this problem. I guess I need to order another atenna

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Was reading thru all youve tried again. From what ive read about what youve tried, youve been using custom firmware. Custom firmware is usually already jailbroken, so you wouldnt need to run Blackra1n.
    Now, you say you have an ATT sim. Did you try restoring with factory 3.1.2? Being a 3g, iTunes should restore without the verification error. Then try Blackra1n and Blacksn0w.

I have a tmobile sim, I tried my friends att sim. When I first got the phone the first thing I did was factory restore to 3.1.2 then I jailbroke with blackra1n and unlocked with blacksn0w. That didn't work so I tried redsn0w and unlocked with blackra1n. Then I tried a custom 3.1.3 firmware and download blackra1n rc2 via cydia. Didn't work so I downgraded to factory 3.1.2 and jailbroke with redsn0w and unlocked with blacksn0w rc2. When I pop in my tmobile sim, it says new voicemail but no service? Its odd.

yea same thing it does to me....new voice mail..make that sound it makes when you get service..says searching then either goes to no service or get service or a few seconds or few minutes..

Thanks

Looks like the next thing to try is factory restore with 3.1.2, jailbreak with blackra1n, unlock with blacksn0w rc2.

If that doesnt work, try downloading a custom firmware (3.1.2) instead of creating it, then unlock.

Ive had the voicemail problem before (shows there's voicemail, but no service), and it was the firmware i was using.
    Last edited by mavrik101; 2010-04-08 at 08:30 AM.

Okay we'll I'm about to download a 3.1.2 custom firmware and give it a try. Wish me luck!!
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks

good luck!

As of now I get 16xx errors. Why do iPhones have to act up all the time..

Fail.. thanks. I still got one bar or no service.
    Last edited by dvn821; 2010-04-09 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks

Bizarre. 16 gig 3g shoud be easy. hate when you get one thats a problem child. I wouldnt give up. You sure it didnt ever get wet? Thats the only time I couldnt get an iphone unlocked. Put about 100 hours into it (really!), finally gave up, and person said "oh I forgot to tell you, I dropped it in water once. Only for a second" Man I was p*ssed!

Hahaha. My 3g 8G I just recently sold for worked perfectly with blackra1n and blacksn0w. My sister's 3G 8GB worked flawlessly also. Then finally I decided to upgrade and get a 16GB 3G then the problems start to come.. Yeah I been spending 5 hours a day on it for the past week. I just got a new antenna in today and I replaced it again and it wasn't the antenna. My friend might of got it wet but it worked perfectly when he had it. All I did to it was upgrade it to 3.1.2
    If I helped thank me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12