Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't activate iphone 3g

Default Can't activate iphone 3g
    Hi,

I bought an iphone 3g that was supposed to be jailbroken and unlocked but after receiving it this wasn't the case.

I jailbroke the handset then tried to download blacksn0w, this then froze my phone and then wouldn't turn on so i've had to do a restore but now its coming up with emergency calls only. When i plug it into tunes because i've only got an orange sim (phone locked to o2) itunes says:

itunes cannot activate your iphone because the sim card is not inserted or a sim pin is required.
    Disconnect your iphone, make sure your sim card is inserted correctly and, if you use a sim pin tap unlock to enter it, and then reconnect your iphone.

Please please help me out because at the moment i'm without a phone and have no idea what to do!

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Either come up with the original carrier's sim, and restore, or create or download custom firmware that is already activated.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mavrik101 For This Useful Post:

3gs help (2010-03-30)

I've tried downloading firmware 3.1.2 which came as two seperate ipsw files. I joined the files but lost the ipsw extension so the restore hasn't worked. I've tried just renaming and adding the extension but still no luck.

Any ideas??????????

Thanks

Get a different custom restore file. There are some out there that you dont have to join. Google is your friend! 3.1.2 custom firmware.

i'll swap you for my orange locked iphone. i need an o2 one

I've tried 4 or 5 now and none are working. None are coming up with the ipsw extension.

Could someone point me in the direction of a reliable link?

Thanks

I've tried a few more and a couple actually start doing a restore but around 3/4 of the way through come up with an error?!
    Last edited by stevecara123; 2010-03-31 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

please someone help me out.

I really need some help here!

Thanks

Look on the top of this page. Downloads, then firmware. You want 3g. Download the firmware you want (3.1.2 etc.) and restore in itunes. Then run blackra1n on your computer, and if you want to unlock, add blackra1n source in cydia, and run blacksn0w.

I've tried the 3g 3.1.2 link from the top of the page. It starts to restore then when about 2/3 of the way through comes up with an error on restoring iphone firmware!?!?!?!?! Could something else be wrong with the phone maybe?

Thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by stevecara123; 2010-04-02 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks

Whats the error number? Google it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mavrik101 For This Useful Post:

stevecara123 (2010-04-06)

the numbers 1015. I've googled it but none of the solutions so far have worked

i've changed my itunes to version 8 and am now getting error 10. So i'm trying to download vbersion 8.2 now
    Last edited by stevecara123; 2010-04-04 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

you tried putting the phone in recovery mode? then running the restore?

you using mac or PC? what browser you downloading with too?
    this may sound obvious but are you sure your restoring the 3.1.2 FW
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

right, i've managed (at last!!!) to restore my iphone which is now 3.1.2 but the modem firmware is still 50.12.01. Is there anyway to unlock this now? Can i downgrade the firmware or just unlock my phone using a certain program?

Thanks
    Last edited by stevecara123; 2010-04-05 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

No way to unlock 5.12.01 yet. Sorry I didnt read your error post sooner. 1015 error is pretty easy to get by, and firmware is already loaded on phone.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mavrik101 For This Useful Post:

stevecara123 (2010-04-06)

right then, damn! erm... so is it really a case of waiting until someone figures this out?? Any ideas of time frames or is it a wait and keep my fingers crossed?!

No problem about the post, you've been a big help!