Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "iPhoneunlockuk.com" AKA Jody Sanders

Exclamation "iPhoneunlockuk.com" AKA Jody Sanders
    Hi guys,

I finally wised up and ended my business relationship with Jody Sanders over at iPhoneunlockuk.com (they never reply to E-Mails, answer the phone or anything) and I just got fed up with it. I told him off in an E-Mail and wish to have no further communication with those scumbags.

My concern is...they have my IMEI number on my phone (they require it in order to use "their software"...apparently when you download software from their site it encodes it with your IMEI so that if you didn't pay it won't work...or something of that sort, anyways, is there anything they can do to my phone remotely that could cause damage to it? I know it might sound like a stupid question but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

P.S. They claim they only charge for support and not the actual unlocks/jailbreaks yet they don't even reply to support requests or answer the damn phones...how is that support again? I guess I woke up to late lol...

Thanks

That's bull about the "software" being specific to your IMEI, I'm sure that's what they would like you
    to think. Sounds like it's there way to keep you from " sharing" the free program they charged you for!!!

wouldlike you to think.

^ not sure what happened there

anyway, it's not their software!!!

Don't worry, it probably didn't even record your IMEI when you entered it, it's just another deception, god forbid you should share the "freeware" they sold you
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 2010-03-29 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    That's bull about the "software" being specific to your IMEI, I'm sure that's what they would like you
    to think. Sounds like it's there way to keep you from " sharing" the free program they charged you for!!!

wouldlike you to think.

^ not sure what happened there

anyway, it's not their software!!!

Don't worry, it probably didn't even record your IMEI when you entered it, it's just another deception, god forbid you should share the "freeware" they sold you
    I believe they do do something. When I had upgraded from the original phone to the 3G and tried to unlock using my account the software would not work lol. Once I paid the upgrade price and redownload it worked. They definitely have something sketchy going on.

Is there anyway anything can be done to my phone with the information they have?

Thanks

I think that is ironic that they take your IMEI just to keep you from re-using free
    software that they sell. Well,
    I'm not sure what's going on with that, remember, your just using geohots' and the dev teams stuff.

I seriously doubt they could or would do anything with your IMEI, but then again, with a company that shady, who knows. I'm sure if they were to figure out a way to make a buck selling peoples
    IMEI they wouldn't hesitate to do it.