Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If Unlocked 3GS Needs Restore....?

Default If Unlocked 3GS Needs Restore....?
    I have a unlocked untethered 3GS running 3.1.2 05.11.07
    If my phone ever go into DFU mode, will it still be able to restore from 3.1.2 firmware with no unlock/untethered problem?

BTW, what is "saving 3.1.2 hashes on file with cydia"??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Saving 3.1.2 hashes on file with cydia is a blessing for you. Means you can restore your iphone with 3.1.2 firmware thru sauriks server instead of apple's.

And as long as you dont upgrade your baseband to 5.12.01, you should have no problem with unlock/untethered restore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mavrik101 For This Useful Post:

jstchillin.365 (2010-03-28)

thanks mavrik!

but, why do you have to restore iphone from sauriks server? Doesn't itunes do the same thing by "option+restore"?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Typically, yes. But since you are using a 3gs, apple's servers will reject your restore with factory 3.1.2 firmware, unless you use firmware3.1.3, which will also upgrade your baseband to 5.12.01, which cannot be unlocked right now.

Going thru sauriks server will verify and approve the software, allow you to use factory firmware and restore your iphone to 3.1.2, and will preserve your baseband. You will have to change the address that itunes goes to when you do a restore. Either check sauriks website, or do a search on this website to see how.

I am in this exact situation. Unfortunately I was clueless and did not save my hashes shsh on surak. Now I am stuck as I need to unlock my phone and can not do a restore. Any suggestions?

This should be the first thing that everyone does that is selling unlocked phones, but my seller did not do this. Also there should be warnings to never except any updates-upgrades on ROCK or on CYDIA if you have a working phone.

Again any suggestions to unbrick my phone (to restore my phone)?
    Last edited by offroad1994; 2010-05-12 at 12:30 PM.