Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS stuck in recovery mode. Pleas Help

Angry iPhone 3GS stuck in recovery mode. Pleas Help

I don't now if a thread like this has been posted before but I could not find anything. So if has some please direct me to the right forum.

2 days ago my jailbroken iPhone crashed and comes up with a screen like it is in recovery mode and a reference to Lock-info which is a program I installed which shows weather info and calendar missed calls, missed SMSís and other info. Referring to going into the settings which you can not get into the iphone because there no keyboard come up to enter any of the codes I would to unlock the iphone. The only keyboard you can access is an emergency call only. There is a small info icon and when you press that it shows
    IMEI: unknown and ICCID: unknown and thatís it.

If I hold the on/off button and the home button at the same time to do a hard shutdown until the Apple icon re-appears and continue to hold the home button until it connects to iTunes it comes a detection window saying the iphone is in restore mode click OK and I click the restore button and it ask do you want restore which I click OK it then downloads the latest version of software which is Ver: 3.1.3 it then tries verify it comes up with Error 23.

Is there some very smart person out there that knows a lot more about the iphone than I do that might be able help get my iPhone going again. I am willing even to resorting going to 3.1.3 just get the iphone working again and re-jailbreaking it later once a later release has been jailbroken.

Please please please Help as Apple has now voided my warranty and I have a very expensive paper weight.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Google iphone error 23 and read. It looks like there are things you can try to fix this. I read a lot of suggestions, so I wont even attempt to tell you what to try first. Just dont give up yet.

UGH. I am having the same problem too! Except with the error 23 thing. I have an iPhone 3Gs, operating system 10.4.11 OSX (I know it is old.) Phone is running old bootram (or whatever you call it.)
    I don't have an AT&T sim card. The phone was working fine when I first turned it on. I accidentally pressed restore when trying to downgrade the phone so that I could activate it for use with my T-Mobile sim chip. What should I do?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You must be at OS 4.0.1 now and at Emergency Screen, am i right? To downgrade you need shsh blogs to downgrade, there is no other way. Look in the guide section on how to use Caching of Saurik server for downgrade.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

appldapl20 (2010-07-29)