Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: replacement phone locked!

Default replacement phone locked!
    my unlocked and jailbroken (via blackra1n) iphone 3.1.2 froze up and those nice people at the apple store kindly replaced it with a new one. which seemed a good idea at the time, but the op system is 3.1.3 (3.1.3 (7E18) and the firmware is 05.12.01 and i have got a nasty feeling that i may be stuck with an unlockable phone again. i waited two months before the 3.1.2 unlock became available. i am guessing that i am going to have to do the same again. can anyone advise me if there is anything that i can do to get this going on my network?
    thanks in advance.
    sky

Thanks

You're going to have to wait

Default not again!
    how depressing, i am going to have to dig out my clunky old phone and have my iphone hanging around the desk waiting for another two months!
    do you know who is looking at an unlock for this and if there is any indication of whether it is likely and when? maybe a forum or website that i could monitor to keep in touch with progress?
    thanks for any help.
    sky

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Here and/or the Dev Blog. When and if it gets unlocked it will be frontpage news. Dev teams don't give estimations or clues on progress because they don't want further harrasment for something they do as a hobby. So it is a waiting game.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

skywatcher (2010-03-26)