Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My current version is 1.1.4 how to install a new version how to?....

Default My current version is 1.1.4 how to install a new version how to?....
    I have a 2g 8gb iphone that im using on my tmobile service so obvously it is unlocked and jailbroke right? You cant unlock until it has been jailbroke first right? Anyways if i go to general then about it says version: 1.1.4 (4a102) is this an old version and if so how do i go about properly isntalling a new version without breaking the unlocking part? Thanks Thomas

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

2Gs don't have to worry about breaking the unlock since thier baseband caps at a lockable baseband. (I believe)

iPhone Jailbreak Guides | iPhone Tutorials | ModMyi.com Blog Archive How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS/3G/2G iPod Touch 2G/1G with sn0wbreeze Windows
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Ok I installed the new 3.1.3 version on my 2g 8gb using with tmobile it was already unlocked and jailbroke with version: 1.1.4 (4a102) I used the guide link above and the last step said to run bootneuter to unlock the iphone 2g, but I didnt do that because the phone worked right away with the tmobile sim card, is this right?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Not really sure, I haven't done much with a 2G in a while.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Its right. You should be good. Another thing you might want to do is find the package in cydia that will allow you to send picture messages with the factory messaging program. Just add the source in cydia and install the package. You can use SwirlyMMs, but T-mobile's servers wont recognize your phone and will shrink the image when you receive it. The pics will look fuzzy when you expand them.
    The package I'm referring to will put settings on your phone to fool the servers into seeing your phone as one that is actually supported by tmobile, and pics will look good.
    Last edited by mavrik101; 2010-03-24 at 08:03 AM.