Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs 3.1.2(7D11) 5.11.07 restore question

Default 3gs 3.1.2(7D11) 5.11.07 restore question
    hello, I know you cannot downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2

My problem is that I am on Iphone 3G(S) 3.1.2 5.11.07 the last 7 digits of my SN are: 40Q53NR. To my understanding that puts me in the 5.09 iboot or bootloader, something like that.
    i have jailbroken this phone specified above with pwnage tool 3.1.4. I think i did it prematurely assuming pwnage tool unlock was similar or the identical to the 3g unlock. So my JB went fine no problems detected when loading custom firmware but when i get to the UNLOCK i run into problems. I know you cannot use UltraSn0w. So i went to the source link blackweather downloading source and installed it.

The phone either freezes in the settings or it freezes when i reboot and just stays on the pineapple bootscreen.

I have tried the blackra1n on my mac goes through the motions i.e. reboots, tried turning off wifi, 3g etc. no luck the blackrain drop doesnt show up on the phone on restart.

My two questions are:

1. Is there a possible way to restore 3.1.2 stock firmware from 3.1.2 custom firmware so i can just use blackra1n and blacksn01(pwnage tool).

2. Is there anyway to unlock a Iphone 3G(S) if your phone is unlocked with Pwnage tool.
    Last edited by sonikot; 2010-03-23 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks

You may want to run forecast to find exactly what you have and what your options are.

I am assuming forecast is application in cydia?

Thanks

No. You can download it from the ih8snow site. Having it as an app on cydia wouldn't work very well since you have to be jailbroken to have cydia, and forecast is used to find how to jailbreak

That would be the very definition of a viscious cycle

Just google ih8snow
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 2010-03-23 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

having a problem with it running it. maybe cause the phone is already jailbroken?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

He is jailbroken. Hes trying to unlock. I have the same isue with one of my 3gs. After running blacksn0w, phone searches, then reboots and freezes at apple logo. Even the new blackra1n (rc2) didnt help. Doesnt matter if i use firmware 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, just cant unlock the damn thing.

Thanks

I thought the current blackrain was RC3

Thanks

There was an unofficial update yesterday that fixes the wifi issue. The article is still on the home page. The guy that put it in cydia (pushfix) is calling it rc2. Blacksn0w..
    Last edited by mavrik101; 2010-03-23 at 09:40 PM. Reason: i cant spell

nothing?
    Last edited by sonikot; 2010-03-24 at 01:45 AM.

I had the exact same problem.

First installed CFW 3.1.3 and tried blacksn0w RC2. That also ended up in a crashing, nonbooting Iphone. Then I tried CFW 3.1.2 (if you have the older bootrom, you can still install CFW 3.1.2 without shsh) - same thing.

Then I found out, that the baseband was messed up and needs to be reinstalled/fixed.

here is the solution: blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog

After the new baseband was installed, blacksn02 RC was working fine. I'm so happy that i can use my 3gs again.

Good Luck!

Thanks

+1. The firmware flashing also fixed a 3gs i was having trouble with. Works fine now.

Hey, Yup i have been trying this for a few days now

i keep getting stuck at this part!

OpenSSH or iPhoneBrowser (so you can transfer files to the phone

what are some options for mac i have tried fugu buts its just intensely complicated or i am retaded (valid option)

Thanks

I dont own a mac (yet) so I dont know what program to use. I know there are several out there.

ok worked fine. just had to google everything to figure it out! thanks guys wasnt to hard!!!