Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Stuck on Emergency Call firmware 3.1.3, iboot 359.3. URGENT Hacktivate help pls!

Exclamation 3GS Stuck on Emergency Call firmware 3.1.3, iboot 359.3. URGENT Hacktivate help pls!
    I bought a 3GS online in spain that was restored back to factory settings. It is stuck on the Emergency Call screen and I just need to hacktivate it at this point (unlocking and jailbreaking are important to me, but I can wait until new exploits are released).

Since I can't access springboard, I don't know for sure what baseband it is running, I do know that it is on 3.1.3 firmware (through trial and error trying to get itunes to restore with a cooked 3.1.3 pwnage ipsw) with 359.3 iboot (found through System Profiler with phone in DFU mode).

I have been pwning/hacking/jailbreaking iphones for the last few years 1g/2g/3g and am usually pretty adept at this, but I can't even figure out where to start. And no clear info for this anywhere online.

In order to just activate the phone, i have been trying the following on my macbook: redsn0w, pwnage tool (with cooked 3.1.3 ipsw), and blackra1n (which tells me it has completed and even shows me the donation button, but doesn't show the Geohot image on the iphone screen while working and leaves the phone in reboot mode but never reboots).

I thought that Blackra1n would be the magic bullet and tried to download iReb to kick blackra1n out of the reboot mode (as i read elsewhere) but since I have a macbook and ireb is only windows right now, i'm still stuck.

I am in Barcelona and I have access to an official Movistar (the carrier in spain) iphone sim card that is still under contract, but I still can't activate the phone when I put it in, nor will it activate when i connect to itunes. I just want to get past the Emergency Call screen and then I'm golden from there.

Any help please??? I'm going crazy, spent days not eating much and sleeping too little, and just want to use the compass for the first time ever =)
    Last edited by 3gs help; 2010-03-22 at 02:45 PM.

I have the same problem. THis sucks!