Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Factory Unlocked wont accpect SIms!!!!

Default Factory Unlocked wont accpect SIms!!!!
    OK this is the second phone i got to repair with the same weird problem! Ok i know for a fact this are factory Unlocked Iphones and now all of the suddenly they will not accept any other sims! What should i do? wait for the new firmware? thank you

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

How do you know for a fact they are factory unlocked? What carrier are you trying to use?

If they are factory unlocked they should work with ANY carrier (give or a take a couple that don't run on the right frequencies but any big carrier name should work).

i know they are in fact factory unlocked because i but a dozen and sell them and repair them and now i have got 2 phones that came back becasue they wont accpect the sims! i am tring out MTN carrier!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Use Awcc and restore it then activate it

what is ACWW? thank you

I have same thing happen to me. unlocked iphone was locked into SIM card carrier (ATT). Wonder if I put in other country carrier's SIM to actived iPhone 3GS.

no its not the same thing! my iphone is factory unlocked and it wont accept sims!

Quote Originally Posted by deakujin View Post
    no its not the same thing! my iphone is factory unlocked and it wont accept sims!
    What is ur iphone model #?

i think its MC133X/A

Did u put in Vodafone's SIM or ATT SIM? Is that a New Zealand model? U need to put a New Zealand active SIM.