Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Check locked iPhone 3GS version

Default Check locked iPhone 3GS version
    My friend upgraded the iPhone 3GS to the latest version but she has no idea which version it is in. It is now locked and I don't have an idea what firmware it is using, what baseband, what bootrom, nothing... I am locked in the Emergency Call screen, is there a way where I can get to know what version of the firmware, baseband and bootrom this locked iPhone has?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Put in an original carrier sim

No other way

running USBview can tell you the boot rom version

bit it's of no help to you now

you need to wait for the unlock foe baseband 5.12 to come out

that will most prob be after os 4

stuck in the same boat as you
    can feel the pain

hang in there

This friend of mine told me that she will be getting an original carrier sim which should work with the iPhone.. Will I be able to unlock phone with such a carrier sim or downgrade to a previous version?
    CasaSoft (Malta) - My Website

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You can't downgrade unless it was hacked before/you have your shsh on hand.

As stated, you can downgrade if you had jailbroken earlier and saved shah with cydia or on your machine using umbrella.

Else even with original sim all you'll have is an e pensive iPod unless you are going to use
    that carrier. In which case you're good to go till the e ploit for 5.12 comes around, then you can hop bCk on the jb/unlock train

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And if she didnt know what she was doing, i would guarantee she did a factory upgrade to 3.1.3, and is now on baseband 5.12.01.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrik101 View Post
    And if she didnt know what she was doing, i would guarantee she did a factory upgrade to 3.1.3, and is now on baseband 5.12.01.
    Yes that's what I have assumed after reading tons of articles and trying a lot of unlocking / jailbreaking methods, all for nothing.

She bought the iPhone from abroad and they told her that if she doesn't manage they should replace it.. Let's hope they do..

Any ideas how long usually it takes to figure out the 05.12.01 unlock?

Thanks for your help
    CasaSoft (Malta) - My Website

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Its probably already done, but wont be released yet because apple would close the exploit before releasing new firmware. Best case, IF they release an unlock, it wouldnt happen till after 3.2 is official. But rumor is they will wait till 4.0 is released. Just have to wait and see.

Ahhh no unlock no downgrade