Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with 3.1.3

Default Help with 3.1.3
    Okay my iPhone froze a couple of days ago and the only way to get it working again was to put it in DFU mode and restore I was not able to restore from 3.1.2 so I restored to 3.1.3. My phone was jailbroken when it was on 3.1.2 and I would like to jailbrake it again. I have tried the sn0wbreeze custom ISPW for the 3GS and I have tried to use the SHSH method to downgrade do you know of any other ways I can downgrade or jailbrake 3.1.3.
    My phone is a 32GB iPhone 3G[S]
    PLEASE HELP!!!
    Last edited by Chevyman209; 2010-03-18 at 04:34 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Should have read around before restoring to 3.1.3. you could have used snowbreeze before and made a custom ispw of 3.1.3 to restore to but now you must wait for 3.2 or 4.0 to come out before a jailbreak will be released. question is, did you save your shsh on cydia?

I know that I wasn't suppose to restore to the 3.1.3 but it was the only option. I did have the SHSH on cydia because on the top of cydia it said so.

No it was not the only option. Since you were jailbroken at 3.1.2, even though it was unuseable fue to being in recovery mode, you could have made a custom ISPW with pwnage tool or snowbreeze and restored to that instead of a unjailbroken ispw. But now that you are not jailbroken and on 3.1.3, you cannot restore to a custom ispw. Google for instructions on how to downgrade to 3.1.2 using shsh on cydia. It's hard, but doable. That way you can either jailbreak 3.1.2, and then go to 3.1.3 custom ispw or just leave it at 3.1.2.

I'll keep trying to downgrade it to 3.1.2 using SHSH and if I can't get it I'll just wait for a jailbreak update to be released.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That could take quite some time, good luck with the SHSH, assming you have it on file, it's all pretty easy.