Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no service

Default no service
    hi was given a iphone today to see if i could unlock it trouble is i dont know wot network its on as all im getting is emergency calls only plus when i try to blackrain it i keep getting a message to restore is it possible to restore phone without a valid sim card thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well look at who made the sim card, if it's a T-Mobile card and you are putting it in a non-unlocked phone, then it's not gonna work. You will need to get ahold of an AT&T card of some sort (assuming you're in the US) to activate it.

thanks bud im in england apparently its a japanese one managed to jailbreak it now im just getting no sim even when there is one in there took the screen out there was wot looks like a wafer thin sim card which was soldered onto the sim card soldering pins on mainboard 2 are snapped off think i might have to find a duff one and swap motherboards cant think of out else to try thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The sim card shouldn't be soldered onto the mother board... it just sits in the tray up on top of the phone. If the phone got restored and unjailbroken, then this problem makes sense. You'll either have to sit tight and wait for a new JB or get ahold of the official carriers sim card to pass activation.

sorry didnt make myself clear this wafer thin simcard like thing was taped to the shiny metal part of the motherboard and there was very thin wires from it goin to the sim card part of the motherboard which looked like they were soldered on but have come of and it doesnt register any sim in there says no sim inserted even with one in there i did jailbreak it so it can be used as a ipod etc but looking at the soldering it might have knackered the board which is why i was wondering if it would be worth tryin to get a second hand board and replacing it