Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help JB/Unlocking 3G 3.1.3 / 5.12.01

Default Help JB/Unlocking 3G 3.1.3 / 5.12.01
    Just bought a iPhone 3G from a friend with firmware 3.1.3 and baseband version 5.12.01. Is there currently anyway I can jailbreak and unlock it so I can use it with T-Mobile? I have a PC and MAC so any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT:
    I've managed to jailbreak it using redsn0w but still need the unlock. I have a bootloader version 05.09(G2M3S2) and baseband version ICE2-05-12.01. Please help!
    Last edited by redsox786; 2010-03-16 at 08:39 PM.

You are in the same boat as many of us, you got jailbreak....but that's as far as you can go. There is no unlock for your baseband, and because of your bootloader you can't downgrade the baseband.

Sorry.

i have the same problem, but the thing is that my bootloader is 06-04.01, will there be any solution soon, or the only solution is TurboSIM.
    i know what Jailbreak is

jetnor, does TurboSIM work for your iPhone. Would it work for my iPhone?

Default JB 3.1.3 with redsn0w?!
    redsox,

i've been trying to jailbreak my 3.1.3 3gs. you said you used redsn0w. when i use it on the mac it says that the iphone will do the rest but the iphone screen stays black (but still on) and never reboots or anything. if i hard reboot it it just stays at the apple logo. did you do the JB on windows? i have both too. did you do anything special? i have the 3.1.2 files and have been up all night trying different methods.

btw... yes it is 5.12.01

and when i try redsn0w in win7 it says that the .ipsw is unable to be read. could this may be because i downloaded it through safari originally?
    Last edited by manguybro; 2010-03-18 at 03:58 PM.