Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best way to Jailbreak 3gs 3.1.2(7D11) 05.11.07 New phone

Default Best way to Jailbreak 3gs 3.1.2(7D11) 05.11.07 New phone
    Hello,

I just bought a new 3gs that came with 3.1.2 firmware. I don't have to update to 3.1.3 cause i can just hit cancel. What would be the best way to jailbreak this phone...Redsnow, Blackra1n?

Please let me know.

THank you so much

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Blackra1n, simply run it. do not EVER update to 3.1.3

dont' use blackra1n!!!! it has been causing a lot of bugs in people's iphones, like it will just keep rebooting! use redsn0w instead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    dont' use blackra1n!!!! it has been causing a lot of bugs in people's iphones, like it will just keep rebooting! use redsn0w instead.
    You need to check your facts before you blurt out a blanket statement like that. I know of hundreds of people that have used blackrain without any issues.

Check your facts! look at the boot loop problems that many are having after running blackra1n. go with the cleaner jailbreak with redsn0w.

I'm also quite surprised that you know hundreds of people who have jailbroken, much less with blackra1n.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    Check your facts! look at the boot loop problems that many are having after running blackra1n. go with the cleaner jailbreak with redsn0w.

I'm also quite surprised that you know hundreds of people who have jailbroken, much less with blackra1n.
    He means hundreds of people on the forums, not personally... either that or he's one heck of a popular dude. Blackra1n typically causes little problems, its easier than redsn0w anyways. If you get caught in a bootloop, mess with iRestore and try to get it working. Unless his 3GS has the old bootrom, he's out of luck anyway for redsn0w.

Thanks

I have personally JB'd at least 50 phones myself, all will Blackrain and none of them have any issues. The other friends that I know also used blackrain and none of them have had issues either.