Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Iphone 3g 3.1.3 with BB 5.12.01 and BL 6.02

Disabling 3G is only necessary on T-Mobile in the USA, just about any other network is fine on 3G.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Ok all, I got a new iPhone 3GS never jailbroken never unlocked. Spec: Version 3.1.3 with MC136 Model (back as A1303) Baseband 5.12.1 with bootloader 6.4 (from forecast). Since it's new to me..I do not have the SHSH on Cydia or anywhere. Is it possible to unlock and jailbreak? if so..how should I proceed? Thnx!

JB with Spirit from spiritjb.com and then add repo666.UltraSn0w.com and install UltraSn0w to unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

spiritjb says itunes version needs to be before 9.2...since i just got the phone..and downloaded itunes from the apple website it's 9.2...how would that affect the spirit jailbreak?

It won't work - you need an older version of iTunes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Fialchar (2010-07-01)

Ok, so here's what happened: I didn't really want to do a full restore before I try one more sim card which I'm glad I did
    It turned out to be that the two different sim cards that I initially used to try to see if the phone is unlocked (which were from two different T-Mobile stores) were deactivated which were causing me to get "No Service" even though I was told by the two different guys at the stores that it doesn't matter if the card is deactivated and it should show bars.
    But as I discovered, it seems like the 3.1.3 firmware will not display any bars or show "T-Mobile" on an unlocked phone if the sim card is not active. This is so because I went to a third store today and the guy pulled out his sim card from his phone (which is active) and it connected-there were bars and T-Mobile showed on both of my phones.

So for anyone who's having the same issue as me, make sure that the card indeed is active and that 3G is turned off and it should work.

Thanks a lot for all your help and guidance, confucious & zcorpi, much appreciated!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyGt For This Useful Post:

zcorpi (2010-07-01)

hey guys,

I have a 3Gs Iphone with 3.1.3 (7E18,) model MC131X, with firmware 05.12.01. I have just jailbroken it with spirit. I live in Western Australia and the phone is locked to the 3G network. I currently work in an area that only receives Telstra Next G reception. I cannot access the internet from my phone right now either through wireless or network as there is none around. Is it possible to unlock my phone from the 3G carrier via my computer only????

In one of the forums I have read that u can ssh and install the .deb package of ultrasn0w but its quite a long process . easiest would be to go to a frnds place and connect to wifi and unlock

Quote Originally Posted by Fialchar View Post
    spiritjb says itunes version needs to be before 9.2...since i just got the phone..and downloaded itunes from the apple website it's 9.2...how would that affect the spirit jailbreak?
    You could always use other JB tools such as pwnage or Sn0wbreeze
    Last edited by zcorpi; 2010-07-01 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zcorpi For This Useful Post:

lil regy (2010-07-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just jailbroke with Spirit today on iTunes 9.2, then unlocked with Ultrasn0w on refurbed iPhone 3Gs 3.1.3, 6.04, 5.12.1, 359.3. It worked fine!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zcorpi View Post
    In one of the forums I have read that u can ssh and install the .deb package of ultrasn0w but its quite a long process . easiest would be to go to a frnds place and connect to wifi and unlock

You could always use other JB tools such as pwnage or Sn0wbreeze
    It is a good idea to have sshing into your Iphone, it case you installed something that crashes your iphone into rebooting loop or into safe mode whereby Cydia dissappear on your SpringBoard. You can undo the mistake by undoing the files and saved you from unneccessary restoring again.

I have an Iphone 3g, it was working perfectly after jailbreaking it with Spirit, then used ultrasn0w 0.93 to unlock. I could make calls, send texts etc. Then I turned the phone off, when I turned it back on, all the signal bars were gone, so I cant make or receive calls anymore. Anyone know why that happened? This is frustrating.

Firmware: 3.1.3
    Baseband: 5.12.01
    Bootloader: 06.04

I used 2 Orange sim cards that work on other phones.

Please can someone help me?

most probably it's just that ultrasn0w got turned off somehow. I'd install the ultrasn0w toggle for SBSettings through Cydia/Rock then toggle it once, then again. After doing this I'd turn the phone to Airplane mode and then back on. Sometimes it seems to not load ultrasn0w right or it will quack out and by toggling ultrasn0w and/or the airplane mode ("Phone" in SBSettings) it comes back. I hope this is the fix.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried what you said. Installed SBSettings ultrasn0w toggle from BigBoss sources in Cydia. ultrasn0w was already toggled on, I toggled it on and off, airplane setting of then on. Turned phone off and back on again, ultasn0w was still toggled on. I have no idea what to do next. I can't figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by fjaff View Post
    I have an Iphone 3g, it was working perfectly after jailbreaking it with Spirit, then used ultrasn0w 0.93 to unlock. I could make calls, send texts etc. Then I turned the phone off, when I turned it back on, all the signal bars were gone, so I cant make or receive calls anymore. Anyone know why that happened? This is frustrating.

Firmware: 3.1.3
    Baseband: 5.12.01
    Bootloader: 06.04

I used 2 Orange sim cards that work on other phones.

Please can someone help me?
    restore your phone or better yet.. just upgrade to 4.0.1 and use jailbreakme 2.0 to jailbreak it then ultrasn0w 0.93.
    works for me!!!

don't restore your phone just yet, for one thing iOS 4.0.1 on the 3G runs really slowly unless you drop winterboard or native multitasking or backgrounds or something. It's really slow. Restoring may work, but why destroy all your data if you dont' have to.

The next thing it'd do would be to uninstall ultrasn0w and then restart the phone, then install it and restart. I'd also try to get ahold of a good ATT SIM card to see if it's just the unlock or the signal all together. There is a chance that it has the same problem that a lot of other 3G phones have, which is that their antenna burns out. I hope not.

b18 is right though, the restore will be the most complete attempt to get it working, so if you don't mind restoring your apps and stuff, backup and restore. The problem is that if there is a settings issue, once you restore from backup it might bring back the same problems.

Hi, i have an iphone 3G it was a gift and it was JB and unlocked when i recieved it. I didnīt know and restore on iphone so it updated to 3.1.3. Now i have 3.1.3 BB 5.12.01 and BL 5.09.
    itīs from O2 ireland and iīm in other country, canīt even activate it.
    is there a way to Jailbreak and activate?. Iīve already ordered a sim card from O2 ireland so it should be here in 10/15 days so thatīs not my mayor problem.
    I have a doubt, what is the best JB tool for the 3G if i want to unlock the phone? iīve never done a JB so iīm not used to any of them.
    iīve read all pages in the post and i still canīt figure which JB tool is best.
    iīll appreciate your help

If you restored an iPhone 3G it will have restored to 4.02 not 3.13
    If it restored to 3.13 in iTunes it's a 2G not 3G - which is it?
    Either way you can JB and unlock without a SIM just use RedSn0w and UltraSn0w if a 3G - but you do need to know which phone and FW you are on.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

pepopudo (2010-08-19)

iīm pretty sure itīs a 3g, i restored it 15/20 days ago, maybe thatīs why it restored to 3.1.3...
    but to be sure as soon as i return home (i donīt have the phone right here) i do a f0recast and clear all doubts.

Thanks

Hello, i used Redsnow 9.3 version to jb/unlock. That's a good fw version 3.1.3 that you have. Just google the fw 3.1.3 and downloaded and use it to unlock your 3g. If u have 3gs with a old bootroom, use blackra1n and don't use spirit tool. They said still bugs in it. Check youtube for more info. Just make sure check all comments bfore u use it. Hope this help. Good luck

Try to turn on/off the airplane mode, wifi off. reboot the phone n turn off airplane mode and wait few minutes. Hope this help coz it works for me.
    Last edited by bote21; 2010-08-19 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by pepopudo View Post
    iīm pretty sure itīs a 3g, i restored it 15/20 days ago, maybe thatīs why it restored to 3.1.3...
    but to be sure as soon as i return home (i donīt have the phone right here) i do a f0recast and clear all doubts.
    I wouldn't trust f0recast to identify that I had an iPhone - let alone what model!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast