Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: which is the best method

Default which is the best method
    I have an iPhone 2G that I'm using on T-Mobile. I am going to be restoring it later. What is the best method of unlocking/jailbreaking it? What have you guys used and liked. I used blackrain and the only problem I had is that the wifi wouldn't work and lately the EDGE is not working for me so I can't get on the internet now. Just wanting to know which is the best method to unlock/jailbreak. Thanks.

If you restore then you will get the new baseband because it forces you to update to the latest firmware. I don't think that the new baseband can be unlocked yet and as you are on T-Mobile, you need to have an unlock. But all that aside, i like using redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak. it is by far the cleanest jailbreak I have ever used.

EDIT: Just try rejailbreaking with redsn0w instead of restoring to fix your problems
    Last edited by moon#pie; 2010-03-15 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

if you got 2g silver metal back then go for redsn0w then you will need bootneature in cydia too unlock really good for 2g and its unlockable only for people with 3g-3gs bootloader 5.09 above will be locked with offical 3.1.3 software

make sure you restore with a fresh 3.1.3 software google search it or use modmyi then restore jailbreak with reds0w and bootneature it in cydia and you good to go and sync it with itunes MAKE SURE YOU DONT RESTORE FROM BACKUP JUST SET UP AS NEW PHONE because it will go more smoother
    Last edited by waheedtarin; 2010-03-16 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost