Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Need help restoring my iphone 3GS jailbroken w/ 3.1.2

Unhappy I Need help restoring my iphone 3GS jailbroken w/ 3.1.2
    I have the following.
    iphone 3GS w/T-Mobile
    Firmware 3.1.2
    Baseband 05.11.07
    Model MB715LL
    Serial 5K9484AJ3NP
    Bootloader 6.4
    Cydia says "This device has SHSHs on file for OS 3.1.3

The phone is already unlocked and jailbroken. However, it was done with Blackra1n. So when i turn the phone off, i have to make it ra1n and after 2 minutes it is usable again. (I BOUGHT THE PHONE THIS WAY FROM A FRIEND).

1. What i want to know is. Can i restore again to 3.1.2?
    2. IF so, How?
    3. How can i Jailbreak and unlock 3.1.2 again? But, without having to "make it ra1n" EVERYTIME I TURN THE PHONE OFF/ON.

THANK YOU,

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I can't really say anything about the restoring for your phone because you don't have the SHSH files for 3.1.2 so I'm not sure how you would restore or if you can at all.

On a note that I can clarify you on though is that it looks like your phone is a week 48 meaning you have the new bootrom. This means you will have to "make it ra1n" everytime your phone reboots regardless of any different procedures you were hoping to take. Even if you successfully restored and jailbroke your phone again, you will still have to run blackra1n if your phone reboots. This is called a tethered jailbreak in which all iPhone 3GS's released after week 39 will experience.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can restore it by creating or downloading custom firmware. Custom firmware doesnt go thru apple's servers. You'll still have to use blacksn0w to unlock.

Hoe can I create a custom firmware with an older bootrom? I have a PC.
    thanks

This sounds just like what I need (sorry, I've already posted this in other threads). I have a jailbroken 3GS running 3.1.2 and need to restore it without ending up on 3.1.3

I bought it when it was first released so it has the old bootrom. The serial is: 88926 and I backed up my files in Cydia so it now says: This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2

How would I proceed to restore and rejailbreak it? I've never used custom firmware before.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Custom firmware is just the factory firmware that has been modded, either by winpwn, sn0wbreeze, etc. You can either create it yourself by downloading these and other programs, or google it. Lots of sites have aready created them, and share them.
    Just google 3gs (or 3g, 2g) 3.1.2 (or whatever firmware you want ot use) custom firmware, and read a little. Some are for AT&T (official carrier if you dont need unlock), and some are for other carriers (not using AT&T, i.e., T-Mobile, etc.)
    They will not upgrade your baseband, and they are already jailbroken, if you want your phone jailbroken. Cydia or icy (or both) will already be installed when the restore is complete.
    Also, you dont have to have your shsh on file with cydia, because the custom firmwares do not go thru apple's servers.

Rycall, since your shsh IS on file with cydia, you can resore with factory firmware, but you will have to put a command line in iTunes,so it will verify thru saurik's server instead of apple's. Do a search on this site to see how to do this. Its really easy.
    Last edited by mavrik101; 2010-03-15 at 09:27 PM.